Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Started by Avaitor, April 23, 2011, 08:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I still think that the opening 2-parter and the micro/introduction episodes are fairly mediocre stuff (with the exception of Captain America's introduction, of course), but everything after that point is a huge step up, IMO.

LumRanmaYasha

I agree, although I don't think the first seven episodes are all that boring either. At the very least, it got me interested in these characters from the position of knowing absolutely nothing about them from other shows/movies (no, I haven't watched any of the MCU films besides The Avengers, yet). Anyway, on Netflix they list the 5 micro/introduction episodes first and then put the two-parter, which makes sense because that's the chronological order, so I'm assuming that GSF has just finished the Iron Man introduction episode, which I personally found to be the second best of the introduction episodes after Captain America's, myself.

gunswordfist

Yes, I watched the Iron Man episode and just finished Thor's.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Over the last two days I watched the Hulk and Cap episode.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

After re-watching a good chunk of the series, I hav to say that my top 3 favorite Avengers are:

1. Captain America- The heart of the team
2. Black Panther- The Batman of the team
3. Hawkeye- The hothead of the team who still manages to be quite skillful and clever

The Shadow Gentleman

Mine would be:

1. Ant-Man: I'm biased from the start, as I'm one of the few who genuinelly like this character. I just think his motives and arc are interesting.
2. Hawkeye: What EK said.
3. Captain America: He's Captain America.

LumRanmaYasha

Mine are Captain America, Hawkeye, and Iron Man, since they were the three Avengers I found the most entertaining and interesting throughout the run of the show.

Avaitor

Mine have always been Hawkeye, Thor and Wasp, although I'm not as hot over Wasp in EMH as I am during her run in the comics. I might actually swap her out for Black Panther on the show, since I really liked their take on him.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm noticing that the common name popping up on each list is Hawkeye. I didn't realize he was popular with the rest of you guys, but it does kind of make sense. He's essentially what Korra's character would be like if she were better written. He's bull-headed, but also rather intelligent (which breaks up the cliche), and manages to outwit some pretty clever villains. He also doesn't seem to repeat the same mistakes over and over, so that also helps. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on November 15, 2013, 05:45:11 PM1. Ant-Man: I'm biased from the start, as I'm one of the few who genuinelly like this character. I just think his motives and arc are interesting.

I have to admit, I didn't care for Hank Pym on my first run through season 1, but after a re-watch, as well as season 2, I really warmed up to his character.

Really, though, I think the best thing that can be said about the team on AEMH is that every single character in the group is genuinely likable.

Avaitor

As long as you get an idea of why I've always liked the team so much. :)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Finished Capt's first modern day episode. Not bad.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's about the point where the show started picking up for me. The Kang the Conqueror arc is where it became one of my favorite superhero cartoons. The Ultron, Asgard, and Kree-Skrull arcs just further cemented it in that status, though the second half of season 2 is notably weaker than the first half (but still mostly better than the first third of season 1, IMO).

gunswordfist

Watched Masters Of Evil and 459 about 2 days ago then tonight I watched Widow's Sting. That episode made me really like the show and I am starting to like Hawkeye.

gunswordfist

Watched Avengers Assemble! Netflix does not have Powerless. Ugh.