Sonic The Hedgehog

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 16, 2011, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

So I'm starting Sonic Colors. I've beaten the first level. But before I continue, I'd like to ask two questions.

1. Should I keep the "Navigator" on? Does it add anything?
2. What should I play with? Wiimote? Wiimote with nunchuck? Classic controller? GameCube controller?

Foggle

I don't think I ever turned the navigator on. Not even sure what it does, really. haha

I think it plays best with a GameCube controller.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 07, 2012, 03:41:33 PM
I don't think I ever turned the navigator on. Not even sure what it does, really. haha

I think it plays best with a GameCube controller.

Whoa. That was fast. Thanks. :P

Any reason the GC controller is better?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 07, 2012, 03:40:17 PM
So I'm starting Sonic Colors. I've beaten the first level. But before I continue, I'd like to ask two questions.

1. Should I keep the "Navigator" on? Does it add anything?
2. What should I play with? Wiimote? Wiimote with nunchuck? Classic controller? GameCube controller?
1. If you want tutorials. It doesn't change the game at all. I leave them on in every game just cause.
2. I played Wiimote and Nunchuck. Aiming powers is easy, and activating with a quick flick is fast. It also just feels right to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 07, 2012, 03:42:57 PM
Any reason the GC controller is better?
Mostly because I played the shit out of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 on the GC as a kid. 3D Sonic games just feel really natural on that controller to me. None of the options are actually bad, but I found Wiimote/Nunchuck to be really awkward compared to the others.

Spark Of Spirit

So, gsf, have you managed to try this yet?

I'm hoping Sega scoops it up into an official game project. Then does the same thing for Sonic 1 and 3K.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

It comes bundled with a keylogger apparently.

I wouldn't touch that shit if I were you.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, they already fired that guy and are working on fixing it.

I was just curious if he played it yet.

Foggle

Just trying to keep our community safe. :thumbup:

Kiddington

Hey look, it made Yahoo news!

I'm wary. It looks cool, and certain levels I'd especially like to see with fancy revamped graphics/music (hello, Chemical Plant Zone), but I'll wait until it's "officially" deemed safe.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 04:27:48 PM
So, gsf, have you managed to try this yet?

I'm hoping Sega scoops it up into an official game project. Then does the same thing for Sonic 1 and 3K.
So a demo is out? I haven't checked up on it since I was on their board (in which I of course tried to give some suggestions. :D ) I love that title screen and have always loved how S2HD looked like an animated series. Combining levels a la Sonic 3 & Knuckles looks like a nice touch. I had no clue they did that. Looks like the spinning animation still needs some work. At parts it looks like Sonic is a straight up blue marble. And I want to see Tails and I believe Knuckles is in the game.

I want to see Sega do a Sonic & Knuckles 2 HD if not just remake all 4 Genesis games on one disc and add features here and there.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

Professor Pickle was probably the best thing about Unleashed.

Did anyone see this? The upcoming model figure?

I really like that design as a mix of Classic and Modern Sonic. I kind of hope they use something like that in the games.

Rynnec

That design would've been perfect for Sonic 4.

Eddy

I would have stuck with Sonic Unleashed if I could be Professor Pickle.