Breaking Bad

Started by ToonFaithful, April 06, 2012, 09:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

I think I posted this a page or so ago. If I didn't, it went to a different thread.

But yes, totally amazing.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't think he's really hinting at something new. He's just simply saying that the end of the series is really up to your interpretation. This is just the media taking something that someone said and blowing it out of proportion, as usual.

GregX

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 30, 2014, 02:18:48 PM
I don't think he's really hinting at something new. He's just simply saying that the end of the series is really up to your interpretation. This is just the media taking something that someone said and blowing it out of proportion, as usual.

This.

Peanutbutter

Finally watched the final episode last Saturday. I would have finished this last April, but I got badly sick. Because of how intense it is, it's not the kind of show I can binge watch but I'm glad I finished it. I see why Ozymandias has the reputation it has. That knife-fight was heartbreaking to watch. No matter who you are, if you've ever had your parents argue with each other, that scene will really make you uncomfortable.

Overall, I'm just glad after that everything Jesse made it out alive. What an awesome character.

Avaitor

Actually, I was going to ask you guys, do you think Jesse deserved to escape without any jail time? Obviously Walter's crimes dwarf Jesse's, but he was still in the meth business and was still a murderer.

At the same time, I understand why people were happy to see him live another day, since he's a good character and may yet have his second chance.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I find that Jesse is a far more redeemable character than Walt, especially by the end of the series. Of the 2 people that Jesse murdered, one was out of necessity to survive, and the other was to a guy who completely deserved it. He never took pleasure in killing at all, and I find that he had a lot more compassion for human life and was more disturbed by the violence than Walt was.

So, yeah, I'm fine with him escaping. I don't think that jail time would really change him for the better, anyways, since he already had been changed through his experiences, and clearly wanted nothing to do with the meth business anymore.

GregX

I think that Jesse suffered enough.

Peanutbutter

Jesse was broken when he killed Gale. With everything that happened to him as a result of that kid getting iced, I think Jesse was completely done with the drug trade. To me, Jesse redeemed himself and became a legit good guy when he teamed up with Hank. I can't help but wonder if Jesse wouldn't have ended up going straight a lot sooner if not for Walt.

Avaitor

Good responses, and I have to think that ultimately, you guys are right!

And while we're at it, I have to stick with Aaron Paul's belief of where Jesse is driving off to at the end of the show- to pick up Brock, and start off the next chapter of their lives.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 29, 2014, 12:51:43 PM
Good responses, and I have to think that ultimately, you guys are right!

And while we're at it, I have to stick with Aaron Paul's belief of where Jesse is driving off to at the end of the show- to pick up Brock, and start off the next chapter of their lives.

Wouldn't Brock be in someone's custody or something by that point (perhaps his grandmother's)? It must have been at least a day since his mother was killed by the time of the final episode, or possibly more (I can't remember if that took place before, during, or after Walt spent a month or so under his fake identity in a remote town), so I'd assume the authorities would have gotten to him and placed him under his closest living relative's custody. I'd wonder how Jesse would get to him, in that case. It's not like anyone would just let him take the kid with him, since that would technically be flat-out kidnapping.

Avaitor

That's fair, so this is only speculation. Gilligan did seem to leave it open-ended for a reason.

New blog!

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The funny thing is that this isn't even the first foreign country to try and remake Breaking Bad. There's one that's currently airing in South America called Metástasis.