What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Oh damn, the DMC collection is on 360! I forgot about that.

Okay, if this deal is still good over the weekend, I'm doing this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Ninja Gaiden Black works flawlessly on the 360. I've never played it on the original hardware so maybe there's something minor I've missed, but I've noticed none of the issues that often afflict BC games (bad framerate, long load times, crashes, textures not loading, etc.) in NGB.

E-K's list of games hits most of the bases, but I'd also like to add:

Nier
Lost Odyssey
Catherine
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (comes with both the original game and DLC content)
Saints Row 2 & 4 (1 & 3 aren't great, IMO, but the even-numbered ones are some of my all-time favorites)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (mostly for the Escape From Butcher Bay remake)
The Darkness 1 & 2
The Witcher 2
Mass Effect 2 (or get that trilogy collection if it's cheap)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Dishonored
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on July 12, 2016, 01:40:35 AMDragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (comes with both the original game and DLC content)

For some reason I thought that this re-release was PC only.

QuoteThe Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (mostly for the Escape From Butcher Bay remake)

I was actually looking for this game the other day. I may get to it after I wirk my way through the Splinter Cell series and before tackling the Hitman HD Trilogy.

QuoteThe Darkness 1 & 2

I've been meaning to get around to these games as well.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 12, 2016, 01:49:32 AM
For some reason I thought that this re-release was PC only.
Nope! They just released the PC port of it a few months ago, but DD:DA has been out on consoles for a good 3-4 years now!

Spark Of Spirit

Blood Dragon (the Far Cry 3 spin-off)
Condemned
Sonic Generations
Sonic & Sega Racing Transformed
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I forget, Avaitor, but have you already played Max Payne 1 & 2? I recall you saying that you played those at one point. If you have, then Max Payne 3 is also on the XBOX360 and worth checking out, however I wouldn't say that it's as good of a game as the first two are, but it's certainly worth playing through. That said, I much prefer Remedy's game from that generation, Alan Wake, which is personally one of my favorite games from last gen.

Avaitor

Yeah, I've played them. I actually thought about bringing them over here with me.

I was considering both of those games, but yeah, Alan Wake is of higher interest to me. But as long as I can find either for decent prices, I am down.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 12, 2016, 10:19:07 AM
Sonic & Sega Racing Transformed
Get this. It's the greatest racing game of all time IMO. I've enjoyed me some Mario Kart, Wipeout, and various other titles over the years, but Transformed is simply perfect. I spent over 60 hours completing every level on the hardest difficulty setting, which I NEVER do.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

SASRT is yet another one of those titles on my huge backlog of games that I eventually need to get around to, and probably won't for at least another year or two. I did enjoy what I played of the first game, and the sequel looks even better (and the reviews from both critics and fans alike seem to support this notion). It looks like excellent stuff, and maybe if I had friends who would have played it with me locally I would have gotten it on release. That said, the single-player content seems like it's much better than in most modern racing games, so I do think that I'd enjoy the game either way. Still, there are just too many other great games that I need to get around to as well, so this one will have to wait for quite some time, but I definitely will play it eventually.

Quote from: link=topic=1142.msg105074#msg105074 date=1468345782Yeah, I've played them. I actually thought about bringing them over here with me.

I was considering both of those games, but yeah, Alan Wake is of higher interest to me. But as long as I can find either for decent prices, I am down.

Both of these should be really cheap, now. I actually bought MP3 two years ago for $12, and it may very well be even cheaper now. Alan Wake should easily be available for $10 or less as well.

Nel_Annette

I loved the stages in Transformed (Starlight Carnival in glorious HD), but I remember never even unlocking any characters because a lot of those races were fucking hard if you wanted to get a decent amount of points.

The remix they do of Sky Sanctuary/Back In Time is godly.

Foggle

Transformed really shines in multiplayer, but I played single-player most of the time and still had a blast. No other racing game's mechanics even compare for me - they all just feel clunky, floaty, or generally unenjoyable to me now. This even includes titles people usually consider better, like Mario Kart 8.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 12, 2016, 01:42:25 PM
I loved the stages in Transformed (Starlight Carnival in glorious HD), but I remember never even unlocking any characters because a lot of those races were fucking hard if you wanted to get a decent amount of points.
Yeah, it's brutally difficult, and since I'm bad at racing games, my willingness to beat it on Expert should really say something about how good it is. ;)

Nel_Annette

It's really my only gripe with the game. I just wish they kept the miles system from the first game.

Avaitor

Okay, so if all goes well, I'm getting a 360 this weekend.

Is anyone else thinking of picking a console up?

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Unfortunately, this is really bad timing for me since I have something coming up and just don't have the time or money to spend (even at such a cheap price) on anything extraneous until at least a couple of weeks from now.

Nel_Annette

Been playing waaaaay too much of the same old same old. Spelunky, Minecraft, Hyrule Warriors. Need something new. Thinking of starting Bravely Default next. On the PS3 front, I kind of want to retry Just Cause 2, but I wasn't really enjoying it before.

On PS4 I've been playing the newest Lego Star Wars game, and while I enjoy the first three, I haven't really liked this one. Glitchy as hell. Erased my save data for no reason once. Annoying as hell.