Greatest Animated TV Series EVER! (Voting)

Started by LumRanmaYasha, October 12, 2013, 02:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes- It gets off to a slow start, but once it gets going, you're in for some awesome story-lines
Batman: The Animated Series- Normally I'd rank this first, but I decided that it would get enough support as it is
Ranma 1/2- I'm sure it's good, but I haven't read/watched that much of it, yet
Invader Zim- I used to like it, but now it appeals a lot less to me, personally

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 13, 2013, 12:53:15 PM
You have joined me at the dark side, I see... :sly:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on October 13, 2013, 01:37:18 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 13, 2013, 12:53:15 PM
You have joined me at the dark side, I see... :sly:
The side that has bad opinions.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 13, 2013, 01:53:02 PMThe side that has bad opinions.

No, no, no, GSF. That's YOUR side. I know it's easy for you to get confused given your stupidity and all, but at least try and beat that particular detail down into your head. I'm tired of having to remind you all of the time. :sly:

VLordGTZ

Batman: TAS
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Ranma 1/2
Invader Zim

gunswordfist

Two-Face part 1 is still my favorite BTAS episode. It shows why that is the best version of Two-Face.

LumRanmaYasha

Alright, it's a brand new day (technically), and we've got more than enough votes, so let's wrap things up here shall we?...

The Results of Match 2:

Invader Zim - 16
Ranma 1/2 - 17
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - 23
Batman: The Animated Series - 34

As I predicted, The Avengers and the Dark Knight both rise to the challenge of round 2.

Round 1, The 100 Toon Kumite: Match 3

Heroman

VS.

Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law

VS.

Courage, the Cowardly Dog

VS.

The Brak Show

My Picks:

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law - Hilarious stuff beginning to end. It's amazing how many jokes they cracked into each 11 minute episode, and it's satire/parodies of Hanna Barbara characters was always just pure bliss to me.

The Brak Show - Not as strong as Birdman, but still really, really funny. Man...classic [adult swim] shows like this and Birdman were incredibly well-written, and I appreciate how masterfully they used the bizarre to get some great laughs, unlike a lot of [adult swim] series of recent, which...are just kinda lame in how they try to be "edgy" by being super offensive and obscene.  :oo: Anyways, I love pretty much every episode in The Brak Show, and several of them are honestly some of my favorite episodes in any animated show ever. That's ditto for Birdman too, by the way. Oh, and Brak is easily one of the best characters ever and that is an indisputable fact.  Yeaaahhh Buddy!  O0

Courage, the Cowardly Dog - Courage is awesome because it actually attempted to scare you when you were a kid, and managed to be dark and frightening while still being just a great kids show. I have a lot of favorites from the show that I still remember vividly today, and it really is one of the best cartoon cartoons. Normally I would have put this above The Brak Show, but I figured that it would get enough support as it is, and Brak's more underrated anyway. :D

Heroman - ShadowGentleman, I liked the episode you suggested for this show, although I'm not sure if I'll check out more of it in the future. Besides, all three of the other cartoons in this match are some of my favorites, and I've only seen one episode of Heroman, whereas I've seen the full runs of Harvey Birdman, Brak, and Courage about a dozen times by now, so...yeah.  :sweat:

Foggle

Harvey - Second funniest cartoon comedy of all time IMO
Courage - One of the smartest kids' shows ever, holds up well no matter how old I get
Brak - Really fun
Heroman - It's not bad, but I don't care for it too much

The Shadow Gentleman

Courage, the Cowardly Dog - My second favorite Cartoon Cartoon. Staying both consistently hilarious and creepy is something to admire.
Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law - The best Adult Swim original series. I love the satire of classic cartoons combined with original humor.
Heroman - I was reaching for something to nominate, and there weren't many anime left, so I went with this one. It's not spectacular, but the action is strong, and I just love how "American" this show is.
The Brak Show - Not as funny as other good Adult Swim show, but it's miles above most stuff that airs these days.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 14, 2013, 02:51:15 PM
Whats Heroman?
An anime about Peter Parker getting a giant robot. Made by Stan Lee.

Avaitor

The Brak Show- Always been my favorite [as] original, personally.
Harvey Birdman- My second favorite
Courage- For whatever reason, I could never get behind Courage as much as a lot of the other Cartoon Cartoons, but I do appreciate its existence.
Heroman- Haven't seen, sadly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ