Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 07, 2011, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on October 23, 2012, 07:27:05 PM
QuoteBig Bang Theory writer working on show named after Nirvana song

Sure it can.
:zonk: :zonk:

Kiddington

Caught an episode of Two and a Half Men in passing tonight (my parents were watching it... don't ask).

So apparently, the kid is now away in the military (?!), and has essentially been written off the show (first Charlie, now this apparently). So basically, it all boils down to Jon Cryer starring as the punching bag, and Ashton Kutcher... just being there. That's it. That's the show now.

:drool:

Commode

Was just reading the shows Wiki article, and this made me laugh:
QuoteIn the ninth season premiere (after Charlie's death) the beach house is sold to Walden Schmidt (Ashton Kutcher), an Internet billionaire in the process of being divorced from his wife Bridget (Judy Greer). Alan leaves to live with his conceited mother Evelyn (Holland Taylor) when the house is sold, but Walden wholeheartedly invites both Alan and Jake back to live in the beach house, needing friends to help him deal with his marriage breakdown, therefore forming a tight-knit surrogate family. Meanwhile, Charlie's spirit now lives on in Hell in the form of a woman (Kathy Bates) as eternal punishment for his womanizing ways during his lifetime. He continues to watch over his brother and nephew, still disgruntled by the fact they won't leave his former home.
Haha wut.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

She won an Emmy for that episode.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

So in good sitcom news, Red Dwarf is running its tenth season in stride. Not superb, but makes for perfectly good dinner theatre.

Avaitor

2 Broke Girls is doing an episode featuring the Amish this week.

Ho boy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

How did this show even catch on? Not even the random horse living in their courtyard can make this work.

Hey, speaking of bad sitcoms, whatever happened to Whitney? Aren't they supposed to be dragging us through a second season at some point here?

Avaitor

Quote from: Kiddington on November 19, 2012, 10:39:23 PM
Hey, speaking of bad sitcoms, whatever happened to Whitney? Aren't they supposed to be dragging us through a second season at some point here?
It was supposed to air with Community on Fridays, but both were initially dropped from that scheduling when NBC decided to keep their repeats of Grimm on instead. Whitney should be on now though, since it's supposed to have replaced Animal Practice, and Community will take it's original 8 PM Thursday night slot when 30 Rock finishes in February.

Also, speaking of Community, on second thought, I'm really starting to lose interest in it. When I rewatch the show, it becomes obvious that Dan Harmon doesn't care about character at all, and would rather make pop culture and meta references than do anything to expand upon his lifeless characters. And even though Harmon's no longer on the show, from what McHale says, it sounds like we're getting more of the same this season.

It's still a better show than any of Chuck Lorre's or Whitney Cummings' (I saw the vagina bed bit from 2BG the other day- THIS is what the nation wants?), but I don't have much need for it anymore.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on November 20, 2012, 10:47:32 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on November 19, 2012, 10:39:23 PM
Also, speaking of Community, on second thought, I'm really starting to lose interest in it. When I rewatch the show, it becomes obvious that Dan Harmon doesn't care about character at all, and would rather make pop culture and meta references than do anything to expand upon his lifeless characters. And even though Harmon's no longer on the show, from what McHale says, it sounds like we're getting more of the same this season.
Someone just Britta'd it.

Avaitor

Well speaking of Community, Chevy Chase just left it. There's only a couple of episodes left that they haven't shot, which they're going to do without him.

Meh, I personally think he should have left instead of Harmon in the first place. It's not like Pierce was the main or even breakout character- this wouldn't have been a Charlie Sheen-like deal.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on November 19, 2012, 12:54:43 PM
2 Broke Girls is doing an episode featuring the Amish this week.

Ho boy.
You know why this is offensive? Because I can guess every single joke before they're made, and not one of them will be funny or have a point.

Am I the only one tired of this kind of humor? It's been the same one note jokes for like a decade now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The sad thing is, taking the high road for an episode about the Amish would require ripping off North.

And who the fuck would want to steal from that movie?

New blog!

Avaitor

My mom and sister are watching 2 Broke Girls now, and just hearing some of it is making my IQ drop. Literally a 4th of the dialogue in an entire act consisted of nothing more than "SUCK IT!". Literally a 4th.

And yet this show does better than HIMYM and any of the NBC sitcoms.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

We need a "rural purge" for these gross-out fests.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

2013: The year they cancelled any show with a vagina bed

New blog!