What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I enjoyed it, personally. The humor is right up my alley.

Though, if we're talking about annoying films for kids, I can think of plenty, myself.

Avaitor

A big old list of what is coming and going from Netflix in this month and before.

The Secret of NIMH really is a great film, definitely worth a look if you haven't seen it in a while, or god forbid, never before! You won't be disappointed. I also feel the need to take this chance to finally see the Peabody & Sherman movie soon.

It's a shame that we're losing Brave & the Bold, though. I kept on telling myself that I'd get around to watching it all again, but it looks like I should consider the DVDs. But at least I can put getting the PPG set on hold, since it's all here now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteAdventure Time: Season 1-­4
Batman Beyond: Season 1-3
Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Season 1-3
Ben 10: Season 1-­3
Children's Hospital: Season 1­-2
Codename: Kids Next Door: Season 4-­6
Cow and Chicken: Season 2
Dexter's Laboratory: Season 3-­4
Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy: Season 3-­4
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Season 2
Green Lantern: The Animated Series: Season 1
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Season 3­-4
Johnny Bravo: Season 2
Justice League: Season 1-2
Justice League Unlimited: Season 1-2
Regular Show: Season 1-­4
Robot Chicken: Season 1­-2
Samurai Jack: Season 2
The Venture Bros.: Season 1-2
Young Justice: Season 1
TB&TB season 1 and 2, YJ season 1, and JL season 1 are the only one of those we have up here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Fuuuu...I wanted to watch half of those with my baby brother. He needs to be a Brave & The Bold fan!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

So all the stuff I want to watch is expiring on the 30th? That gives my brother and me like 2 days to watch seasons of shows. :(

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 03, 2015, 03:03:32 PM
QuoteAdventure Time: Season 1-­4
Batman Beyond: Season 1-3
Batman: The Brave and the Bold: Season 1-3
Ben 10: Season 1-­3
Children's Hospital: Season 1­-2
Codename: Kids Next Door: Season 4-­6
Cow and Chicken: Season 2
Dexter's Laboratory: Season 3-­4
Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy: Season 3-­4
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Season 2
Green Lantern: The Animated Series: Season 1
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Season 3­-4
Johnny Bravo: Season 2
Justice League: Season 1-2
Justice League Unlimited: Season 1-2
Regular Show: Season 1-­4
Robot Chicken: Season 1­-2
Samurai Jack: Season 2
The Venture Bros.: Season 1-2
Young Justice: Season 1
TB&TB season 1 and 2, YJ season 1, and JL season 1 are the only one of those we have up here.
Ok, I'm late but I'll be marathoning Batman Beyond and then Justice League/Unlimited. It's going to be a lot of episodes until the 30th  :whuh: but I can do it! ;D

Avaitor

I finished Generator Rex the other day, which is also being removed on the 30th. I thought it was pretty enjoyable throughout, but it never really became better than a good show during its run.

Still, I can see why it's called the secret good Man of Action show, since Rex is generally likable and the humor isn't as ear-piercingly stupid like in Marvel's shows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I was surprised Man Of Action was getting bashed during the Avengers thread because Rex was decent. I would marathon that show myself to also complete it but I doubt I have the time and the other shows I mentioned are much higher priority.

Spark Of Spirit

It's just too bad that their best show is by far their least known.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

I watched the first 11 episodes of Justice League starting a few minutes after midnight. Hooking up my laptop to my 360 really has improved my Xbox's internet speed. Anyway, The first 3 episodes were better for me this time around while Paradise Lost, War World, In Blackest Knight and those Aqua Man episodes (ugh, didn't bother remembering their names) are still boring as fuck. I think the Aqua have made me hate any underwater parts in any animated series (seriously) and Paradise Lost somehow made me like Wonder Woman even less. So the world's strongest woman is..a mama's girl and absentminded. I can't even...Anyway, still glad that I watched them. I feel I need to watch all of the series to know how to really grade it.

Spark Of Spirit

Season one is a bit rough. But some of those later episodes helps it up. Also season 2 is sooo good.

gunswordfist

And coincidentally, the next two episodes I watched are the first ones in the series that I like. Brave And The Bold part 1 and 2, that is. The Flash starts to really shine in the opening. As far as how the characters have been portrayed so far, he's my favorite. I love it when he teams up with John. Also, this episode is the first episode with who is now either one of my top 5 or 10 DCAU villains, Gorilla Grodd. I like him just as much as I do in Batman TBATB because of how serious his arrogance. A supervillain that thinks talking gorillas are the master race is just hilarious. :D Also, nice Planet Of The Apes reference drop by Salavar (sp?)

Avaitor

"The Brave and the Bold" is around when the first season was starting to come together for me. "Injustice for All" and "Legends" are my other season 1 favorites before the finale.

Oh, I have to write a paper for one of my classes soon, and my professor wants me to choose from a big list of films he has posted, preferably one that we haven't seen yet. One of the movies in there is Anastasia, which I have not seen since I was in single digits. And my professor is cool with me going in that direction.

So I'm deciding between that and the recent Dredd.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I still remember when I attempted to blog all of Justice League, but that crashed when I rewatched season one and went through over ten episodes of trash. Even after I got through that and was about to write about Legends, I just had no resolve left thanks to both college and disappointment at how bad some of those episodes were. One day, I might go back to continue it, but it's a low priority compared to other stuff I'm working on.