Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

So I decided to accumulate my experiences with LT and turn it into an article. Most of you will probably hate it, but it was a great way to vent some stuff out.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Nice job everyone (and by everyone I really just mean Dr. Insomniac and Desensitized ;) ).

Anyways, I should probably add in some scores of my own just for the sake of having the write-ups seem more consistent. Plus, it would make for a good divider between mine and Desensitized's review of Hunter X Hunter, being that it looks like just one long review rather than 2 separate ones.

Rynnec

No Fate/Zero or Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon? I was really looking forward to you guys tearing into the latter (the former's actually pretty good though).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, as for Fate/Zero, I have never watched the first series myself, and I heard that this new one does actually expect its viewers to be fairly familiar with the events and happenings of the original, so in that regard I couldn't jump into a series like Fate/Zero and fairly judge it unless I was fully aware of all of the context that I would be expected to know in order to understand it all. I'm not sure if the same applies to Desensitized and Dr. Insomniac, but on my part I couldn't really good a very good, justified review for it, which is why I decided not to tackle that entry.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rynnec on October 15, 2011, 07:56:45 PM
No Fate/Zero or Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon? I was really looking forward to you guys tearing into the latter (the former's actually pretty good though).
I already had enough of my fair share of shit anime, so by the time Horizon came, I just didn't have the stomach.

As to Fate/Zero, I remember Foggle called dibs (since he's the only one of us who actually saw Fate/Stay Night) and never went through with it.

Avaitor

I actually saw F/SN as well. I would've done it for you guys, but I didn't really have the time to do a piece myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 15, 2011, 07:59:26 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on October 15, 2011, 07:56:45 PM
As to Fate/Zero, I remember Foggle called dibs (since he's the only one of us who actually saw Fate/Stay Night) and never went through with it.
That I did. I'll be sure to write a full review of it to make up for things.

I didn't watch F/SN, by the way. I read the VN all the way through. :P I'd actually like to post up my thoughts on it sometime.

Spark Of Spirit

Good job, guys.

As for FS/N, I didn't see the first part of the show, so jumping in the middle of it would probably not make for a very fair review.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Looks like everyone missed E-K's One Piece episode review.

Good work, dude. Sounds like some great stuff. And this is coming from someone who's never really watched much of the series.

(I'll be updating the web pages tomorrow, probably).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, thanks for the recognition, dude!  :thumbup:

To be honest I purposely didn't really say anything about it because I kind of felt that I didn't really do the entry properly since I kind of expanded it to be a mini-review when it was originally supposed to be a cluster-fuck entry, but either way I guess since I wrote it then I'm glad that at least one person (that being you) actually bothered to read it. ;)

Speaking of future reviews or blog entries, I'll be doing one for Batman: Arkham City when I'm done playing it. Earlier one Avaitor said he wouldn't mind if someone did a video-game related review as long as it had some sort of ties to animation or comic books or something in the medium (obviously this has ties to BTAS among other things). It may take me a while to get out since I actually have to beat the game first, but I'll try and get it out before the end of next month. It'll be a little bit different than an actual normal game review, though, as I actaully want to focus on some aspects of this game that I can directly relate to being influened by animation or having some sort of ties to it, since this is after all a site primarily about animation.

Foggle

Cool stuff! I might actually do a second opinion on that, or something. Really anxious to play AC and I've been watching TAS episodes whenever I can to pump myself up for it further. ;D

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

It depresses me that so many people actually think Clannad is one of the best anime of all time. This picture and that last quote really say it all.