Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 07, 2012, 05:36:22 PM
That could be cool... As long as he doesn't think Meat Circus was a good idea that needs to be followed up on.

Yeah, I never got around to beating Meat Circus until Steve Dengler funded the Mac port of the game, since they did manage make it less of an annoying level. Trust me, Meat Circus is a more tolerable level on the PC  if you have the Steam version. I don't remember raging as much when I replayed the game when it got Steam Achievements.

If this shit really happens, this will be my reaction

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Greatness! Nick seems like an even funnier partner than Johnson! Can't wait.

gunswordfist

Pretty much my only anticipated games are Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Hitman Absolution and Metal Gear Rising.

Have I ever mentioned how freaking excited I am about Hitman Absolution? The first level playthrough looked like stealth heaven. It's sad that it has to be the only stealth game on my list. The genre needs some love.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 09, 2012, 10:41:45 PM
Have I ever mentioned how freaking excited I am about Hitman Absolution? The first level playthrough looked like stealth heaven. It's sad that it has to be the only stealth game on my list. The genre needs some love.
Fuck yeah, Hitman! Thief 4 should be pretty sweet, too. Made by the same folks who did DXHR.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on February 09, 2012, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on February 09, 2012, 10:41:45 PM
Fuck yeah, Hitman! Thief 4 should be pretty sweet, too. Made by the same folks who did DXHR.
I need to play the Thief series. Apparently one of the 5 good stealth series in the world. Hell, I've never even played a Hitman game...just the horrible demo for one. I forgot which. It was before Blood Money.

Foggle

Thief 1 and 2 are on http://gog.com now! They're only $10 each, and they've been fixed up to work on XP/Vista/7. Good stuff! Deadly Shadows is on Steam for 20 bucks, and there's also an Xbox port for that one. They're all amazing games, but the first one has far too many horror-themed levels that basically throw stealth out the window.

Hitman: Blood Money is the only one I'd outright call "great," and let me tell you, it's freakin' brilliant! I've logged so many hours on that game. Silent Assassin and Contracts will grow on you... maybe... but they're decent at best. And the less said about Codename 47, the better.

Spark Of Spirit

It looks like Sega & Sonic All Star Racing 2 is confirmed

If you guys haven't played the original, it's a really good racing game that's on every system and is better than Mario Kart Wii.

It looks like this will be Wii-U, 3DS, and Vita only. So if you're looking into next gen, this might be a hint as to where Sonic games will be going.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

For those who don't know, Alan Wake is finally out on the PC! It's $30 on Steam, and comes with The Signal, The Writer, developer commentary, the OST, and a 130 page art(?) book. I do not have it (yet), but I hear it's one of the best console-to-PC ports ever released.

I got the Xbox version for free from some Dell promotion, but it stopped working after Episode 3 so I never got to finish it. Will definitely pick this up very soon.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, you've never played past Episode 3? Dude, you missed some of the best parts of the entire game. I mean the whole game is good, but IMO the 2nd half has some of its most memorable moments. Episode 4 was my personal favorite with the whole rock concert stage.

Oh yeah, I've really been wanting to get Alan Wake's American Nightmare, but due to the limited memory space on my HDD, I'll probably have to end up deleting one of my other games to make room for it. Most likely I may delete Max Payne since, as awesome as it is, I don't really play it anymore. Of course I could try buying an external HDD for additional space, but I'm not going to spend that much money on something if I only plan on getting one game right now.

Foggle

I know, I didn't get very far in the game at all. :( Pretty excited to finish it, Remedy is a brilliant developer.

Yeah, whenever I run out of space, I can usually find something I don't care about anymore and delete it. Max Payne is pretty small, isn't it? It's less than 1 GB on the PC, so that'd be really quick to redownload if you ever want to play it again.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not sure of exactly how much memory it takes up, but on the XBOX360 I believe it takes up 1.7GB of space, which if I delete that should make just enough room for American Nightmare.

gunswordfist

I hate when I post in the wrong thread.

Daxdiv

I'm half tempted to get the PC version of Alan Wake, despite the fact I already own the collector's edition from the 360. I got that at a cheap price from Amazon at the time. Still would be pretty cool to replay the game.

Spark Of Spirit

The 999 sequel has been announced for NA. Sweet!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton