What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Il

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 06, 2015, 08:47:34 PM
The first episode literally adapted all the early episodic chapters together into this one episode. I would give it a few more episodes after this if you're still not sure. Next week is the addition of one of the series most popular characters, so it already will be a bit different.
Quote from: Cartoon X on October 06, 2015, 09:47:46 PM
OPM has an overarching story. The first major story arc will properly begin in the next episode, which will also introduce the secondary lead of the series.
Ah, okay, sounds good. I'll be sticking with it.
I usually feel that first episodes can be tough (and not always fair) to measure the overall worth of a series.

(I just now realised there was a thread made for OPM already)
:e_hail:

LumRanmaYasha

FUNi will stream the Blood Blockade Battlefront finale this saturday. Just the sub - the dubbed version will be released on a later date. Of course, I've been looking forward to this so long that I'm just glad to finally see it. Should be good!  ;D

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Looks like Netflix has the rights to The Seven Deadly Sins after all. Odd that it's taken them so long to release it, but at least they should be in time for the second season.

VLordGTZ

I just watched the final episode of Blood Blockade Battlefront.  Overall, it was a great finale to a fantastic show.  I really hope that Bones will make a second season in the future.  In the mean time, I'll probably go and catch up with Dark Horse's release of the manga.  :)

LumRanmaYasha

I went to see Boruto on the big screen last saturday. Last night, I decided to finally watch The Last as well, for completion's and comparison's sake.

The Last: Naruto the Movie is one of the dumbest Weekly Shonen Jump movies I've ever seen.

Boruto: Naruto the Movie is one of the best, if not the best, Weekly Shonen Jump movies I've ever seen.

Believe it.

Spark Of Spirit

I finally got around to seeing the last episode of Blood Blockade Battlefront. That's the second Nightow manga that was lucky enough to get a phenomenal adaption with an original conclusion that manages to nail all his themes and characters dead on. The anime was a great watch.

About my only complaint is that it should have been a 26 episode run with some episodes that focused on Stephen, Chain, and K.K. to really round out the whole cast, and to tighten the bonds between them a bit more which would have made this final episode even better. I guess I can hope for a season 2, but I can't see them having an ending better than this one.

All in all, it was one of the best anime series I've seen in a long time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, and I forgot to mention the references to Stephen King's three best books which were used in very clever ways.

The Shining is obvious. It's directly mentioned when Klaus confronts the King of Despair and compares William's gift with that of Danny's Shining from the book and how it must be controlled because it's too powerful.

Salem's Lot is used in the original name of the city from the manga, Jerusalem's Lot, and the vampires that are allowed to grow and spread by modern man's carelessness and ambivalence. BBB actually goes whole hog with traditional vampire rules outside of sunlight (because of how Hellsalem's Lot's sun is different than ours) but are still killed by a light of a different kind that the book also used.

Last is The Stand, which is only directly obvious if you've read the book and have seen the final scene in the episode. If you've read the book, then you know the parallel, and you know exactly who the villain really was.

Now to wait for a home release that hopefully isn't absurdly expensive.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 19, 2015, 03:56:01 AM
I went to see Boruto on the big screen last saturday. Last night, I decided to finally watch The Last as well, for completion's and comparison's sake.

The Last: Naruto the Movie is one of the dumbest Weekly Shonen Jump movies I've ever seen.

Boruto: Naruto the Movie is one of the best, if not the best, Weekly Shonen Jump movies I've ever seen.

Believe it.

I still can't believe Boruto exists. Sounds like a super cheesy name some crazed American fanboy created.

gunswordfist

I watched another episode of Fist Of The Northstar this afternoon. Holy shit at the plot twist at the end

Mr. Big

I'm watching "Mr. Osomatsu" right now. It's a sequel to a 1960s manga and anime "Osomatsu Kun", where the characters all became adults.

It's pretty hilarious.

LumRanmaYasha

I've really been enjoying Mr. Osomatsu as well. I've found myself re-watching the episodes, which I almost never do when it comes to new currently-running anime. It's no surprise it's so good and hilarious, considering one of the most prominent and prolific directors of Gintama is directing it. You just know an anime comedy is effective when it's jokes cause controversy requiring retroactive censorship.  :D

Dr. Insomniac

So I just finished the York New Arc. Starting Greed Island tomorrow.

gunswordfist