The Death (& Return?) Of Capcom

Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Yeah, apparently Mega Man's presence is banned at Comic Con outfront. You can't even mention his name, let alone cosplay as him.

Jesus.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

:whuh:

This company sucks more than I thought was humanly possible.

Spark Of Spirit

If this isn't a sign that Capcom is run by total fucking idiots with no tact or proper PR, I don't know what is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Hey capcom:

Fuck you, fuck your treatment of one of your flagship properties, fuck your re-releases of games that aren't even a year old, and fuck all your execs. Youi guys are the scum of the videogame industry now, I don't care how good your games are, you're just as bad as activision.

Foggle

Kiddington

That... is just so sad.

My, how the mighty have fallen.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Oh, it just keeps getting worse:

Quote"We had a lot of requests from fans for Mega Man or at least one of them to be in the game. Out of all of the requests we got for Capcom characters, he just didn't enter the top part of the ranking. Unfortunately, he didn't make the cut."

You have got to be kidding me. Mega Man X was right fucking there at #1 in the community poll.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on July 21, 2011, 07:07:17 PM
Oh, it just keeps getting worse:

Quote"We had a lot of requests from fans for Mega Man or at least one of them to be in the game. Out of all of the requests we got for Capcom characters, he just didn't enter the top part of the ranking. Unfortunately, he didn't make the cut."

You have got to be kidding me. Mega Man X was right fucking there at #1 in the community poll.
I stopped reading at said quote in the link. No Mega Man fan is that fucking stupid. Everyone knows Mega Man was number 1 without having to see any evidence.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

The only thing I don't think is fair in that summary is saying Dead Rising 2: Case Zero was a paid demo. It was really well worth the money. But everything else, man, fuck Capcom.

And I refuse to believe Mega Man didn't not enter the top requested Capcom characers.  :srs:

Spark Of Spirit

He was #1 in the Capcom Unity poll. They deliberately skipped him for the #2 and #3 choices. So the fans DO want him, and Capcom is actively trying to piss them off. The twitter bullshit is even worse.

Those Capcom cocksuckers are getting on my nerves.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Looking at some of the characters they've added really shows how much bullshit Capcom is full of.

Frank West? They claimed he couldn't be done because his zombie based attacks caused the game to lag and yet here is is.

Phoenix Wright? They claimed since he's a lawyer he wouldn't be able to actually fight and yet here is is.

Nemesis? They claimed that he was too gross looking and would force them to bump the game rating up. Somehow I doubt the game is going to be rated M due to his inclusion.

Ghost Rider? They said he would never work because he would need his motorcycle--oh hey, Ghost Rider, welcome to the party.

Fuck. Capcom.

Rynnec

And after all this BS, people will STILL suck their dicks and justify whatever dumbass decisions they make, ensuring they get more money.

Don't forget Strider Hiryu supposedly not "Fitting in with the concept". (WTF does that even mean in a crossover fighter?)

Why couldn't Capcom simply say something like "We have something bigger planned for these characters" or even "We didn't have enough time to put them in"?

Daxdiv

Quote from: Eddy on July 23, 2011, 12:04:31 AM
Looking at some of the characters they've added really shows how much bullshit Capcom is full of.

Frank West? They claimed he couldn't be done because his zombie based attacks caused the game to lag and yet here is is.

Phoenix Wright? They claimed since he's a lawyer he wouldn't be able to actually fight and yet here is is.

Nemesis? They claimed that he was too gross looking and would force them to bump the game rating up. Somehow I doubt the game is going to be rated M due to his inclusion.

Ghost Rider? They said he would never work because he would need his motorcycle--oh hey, Ghost Rider, welcome to the party.

Fuck. Capcom.

I can at least see people defending Frank West in a reasonable manner and having a reasonable excuse in that they probably found a way to make his attacks not lag and shit, but Wright, Nemesis and Ghost Rider will need major convincing on my end to justify why Capcom brought them back after saying NOOOO! THEY WILL DISRUPT THE GAME'S BALANCE!

And WHY IS VERGIL IN THIS GAME? Doesn't DMC have enough reps as it is, and aren't you going to fuck up Vergil's design in your reboot game, Capcom. What's sad, is IIRC, I rememver Vergil being a fighter considered for the original game as well.

Fuck, that picture should be updated to mention how they included all these characters in this go around and how they were cut from the last game.

Rynnec

Quote from: Daxdiv on July 23, 2011, 01:23:41 AM
And WHY IS VERGIL IN THIS GAME? Doesn't DMC have enough reps as it is, and aren't you going to fuck up Vergil's design in your reboot game, Capcom. What's sad, is IIRC, I rememver Vergil being a fighter considered for the original game as well.

He's a better rep than Trish ever will be. Makes more sense to since he's Dante's brother and all.

Shit, they're not gonna fuck up Vergil too are they? The game's supposed to be a PREQUEL, so Dante hasn't even caught up with him yet.