The Death (& Return?) Of Capcom

Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I feel like despite odds working against him so often, he still puts out great games. NG2 was rushed, and had its flaws, but was still remarkably awesome. Devil's Third had a very rough development cycle with numerous problems out of Itagaki's control, but despite the fact that it will clearly bomb and critics will pan it (which they also did for games like God Hand and Anarchy Reigns, just to remind you of how much their opinions count for), I have a strong feeling that it'll have solid core gameplay and garner a dedicated cult following such as games like Deadly Premonition. And that would be saying a lot since most other games with troubled development cycles turn out like....well, Daikatana. :whuh:

Now just imagine Itagaki making a new NG game WITHOUT stupid business-related problems screwing up his team's development process. The last time that happened for him, we got Ninja Gaiden/Black. An NGB2 would be glorious.

To stay on topic, though, I'd love to see Platinum make a new DMC game, but to be honest, I'd rather see that Bayonetta/DMC crossover that one Capcom employee (rightfully) mentioned would be fucking awesome if it ever happened. Screw logistics, man.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 20, 2015, 11:56:01 PM
I feel like despite odds working against him so often, he still puts out great games. NG2 was rushed, and had its flaws, but was still remarkably awesome. Devil's Third had a very rough development cycle with numerous problems out of Itagaki's control, but despite the fact that it will clearly bomb and critics will pan it (which they also did for games like God Hand and Anarchy Reigns, just to remind you of how much their opinions count for), I have a strong feeling that it'll have solid core gameplay and garner a dedicated cult following such as games like Deadly Premonition.
Just like Nier, as well! :D

I'll be pre-ordering Devil's Third for sure. Doubtless it'll be fun, and Itagaki needs to be allowed to make another masterpiece someday.

Foggle

gunswordfist

Kind of a 360. I really hope he's going to do a new DMC or RE. :thinkin:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Street Fighter V is allowing players to earn DLC content, i.e. it's going to be free.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/18/street-fighter-v-a-new-way-to-play/

Good to hear. Don't like what's going on with Devil May Cry, but hopefully Capcom continues to improve.

gunswordfist

I posted about that. I wonder how the in-game currency system is going to work, meaning I hope it doesn't take forever to unlock everything. Hell, I wonder if some DLC can only be unlocked via real cash.

Peanutbutter

Now they've confirmed Resident Evil 2 Remake!!  :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake:

Granted, this should have happened a few years ago, but then again there's even more possibilities for it in this current gen. Honestly, is Capcom really "dead" anymore? The door has pretty much been slammed shut with Konami but Capcom have been turning a lot of things around lately.

Spark Of Spirit

This thread started mainly for Capcom's shabby treatment of their legacy properties, and Mega Man in particular.

I'm not going to be won over until I see a new Mega Man game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

News regarding the RE2 remake: The team that was producing the cancelled fan remake has been hired by Capcom to produce the official one!

Foggle

I'm happy for them, but I can't say this makes me too hopeful. The fan remake looked kind of bad IMO.

gunswordfist

Now we need to get Sega to hire the Streets Of Rage Remake team..

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 18, 2015, 08:14:50 PM
Now we need to get Sega to hire the Streets Of Rage Remake team..
I was amazed that they didn't hire them and officially make it a Sega product while getting Koshiro to make a new soundtrack for it and maybe adding other classic Sega characters as hidden characters. I have NO CLUE why that didn't happen. It would have been crazy popular for them.

But like Sonic Maker, it's just the type of thing they constantly miss the boat on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I guess it just made too much sense for them. A cleaned up, online multiple version of Streets Of Rage Remake would sell like crazy and probably would not cost much to make.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on August 18, 2015, 07:42:32 PM
The fan remake looked kind of bad IMO.

Why do you say that?

I think this is great news.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 18, 2015, 10:23:07 PM
Why do you say that?
Well, it used modern RE's third-person camera, for one.