Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I assumed it was a fighting game. :-[
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

I hope its early slot does well enough to convince Adult Swim to expand Toonami into the earlier hours. I'm a morning person, and I still go to church so I hope it happens soon. I imagine there are plenty of people who party on Saturday nights who would watch if it were earlier too.

LumRanmaYasha

We've been able to see the ratings for the 8pm Kai ever since it was put there. It often beats the show after it, and otherwise does comparable to what a FOX comedy would do in that slot, so it's place there is secure. What's put the squash on airing more anime earlier is the failure of putting One Piece at 8:30 back in March.

At best, if the first hour of Toonami is consistently tops for [as] every saturday night, it might take the 11pm hour. Even then, that's assuming that it has at least two shows that do well enough to justify that. I don't care for AGK, but if it's performance on the block continues to be as strong as what it's premiere got, then that'd be a huge help in getting Toonami that 11pm hour, or at least reclaiming 11:30pm.

Daikun

Frankly, I'd just like to see Toonami get 3:30 back. It's just such a weird time to end the block, and whatever AS show that airs in that slot does poorly in comparison to 3:00.

LumRanmaYasha

Daikun

Announcements from Dragon Con.

Nel_Annette

As nice-looking as Michiko and Hatchin is, I just don't find it interesting. Completely forgot about this marathon and now I'm kind of bummed it's on all night.

Avaitor

Definitely excited for Parasyte, and curious about the app. I'm also interested in Intruder 2, but I'll probably forget about it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

I love Michiko and Hatchin, but these Toonami marathons are going to be the death of the block.

LumRanmaYasha

Personally, I don't mind the marathons. Especially since most of these shows probably won't be re-run after they finish their runs as it is. Though, it helps I don't get the chance to watch the block every week because of other priorities.

That said, I do hope they reserve the last two weeks of December for a movie or two instead. It's been a while since they've last shown one, and there's a lot of ones they haven't run yet that would make good fits. Maybe they can finally air Redline this year like DeMarco's wanted to do for a while now.

LumRanmaYasha

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 09, 2015, 06:16:51 PMTurns out there won't be any movies airing this December. Which most likely means....more marathons... :imnothappy:

According to DeMarco's Twitter image (scroll up), there will be only one marathon in December. The rest of the month should be normal blocks.

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I was at HHN this Saturday, so I missed the Parasyte premiere. How is the dub so far?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/