Castlevania: A Thread for the Dead

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 24, 2014, 08:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The part where he throws the glass is the best.

It's over a million now, by the way. Not quite as fast as Yooka Laylee, but looks like this'll be another big success. I haven't jumped in yet, but probably will if a Wii U goal comes up.

I would fund Nakazato making a new RKA or Contra. Too bad he hasn't gotten into this as well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Debating whether I should get the digital PC version or the retail PS4 version. What I REALLY want is a retail Wii U version, but that's sadly not happening (yet). :(

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 11, 2015, 11:21:05 PM
I would fund Nakazato making a new RKA or Contra. Too bad he hasn't gotten into this as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if this happens eventually. Maybe he can team up with some of the old Metal Slug devs for the ultimate side-scrolling run 'n gun military shoot 'em up experience. I'm also waiting for the inevitable announcement of Kojima's Kickstarter-funded horror game, Quiet Mountains.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2015, 11:17:04 PM
Since the retail version of Yooka-Laylee will still require Steam (wtf), I dropped it down a few tiers, and now I can also back Igavania! Yay! :joy:

Be sure to watch the pitch video if you haven't. It's amazing. :lol:
??? I don't even...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The old SNK Metal Slug/Gun Force team, the Shock Troops team, and Nakazato all in one group.

Since IREM no longer exists, they could scoop up the copyright and make Gun Force 3.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That would be so awesome. Give me a Hard Corps SEQUEL. I need to play the prequel.

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Good luck on that one. Been waiting over 20 years for that.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Looks like they'll be doing a Wii U version if they hit the $3 million stretch goal!

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I saw that. And it will probably hit that stretch goal, too. It's already done so well and there are still three weeks left to go.

I'm thinking I'll donate when it gets to the stretch goal.

talonmalon333

It sounds like we'll need to wait another two years before this game comes out. That's fine considering quality takes time. It's just that we want Castlevania gameplay as soon as we can get it. :P

Spark Of Spirit

They're really going all out with this campaign. They just unlocked three of the six 8-bit tracks for Classic Mode. At 2.75 mil Iga confirmed the castle in this game will be the biggest he has ever made. Not to mention the Wii U version at 3 mil, it seems like fans will be really chomping at the bit to get these all hit.

Amazing that he had to do this kickstarter to show there was interest in this genre. How did game companies get so out of touch with what people want? It is quite incredible.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2015, 12:07:01 AMThey just unlocked three of the six 8-bit tracks

Six 8-bit tracks?

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2015, 12:07:01 AMfor Classic Mode.

Classic Mode is supposed to streamline the castle into linear levels akin to the classic CV games, right?

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2015, 12:07:01 AMAt 2.75 mil Iga confirmed the castle in this game will be the biggest he has ever made. Not to mention the Wii U version at 3 mil, it seems like fans will be really chomping at the bit to get these all hit.

I can kind of understand why they weren't planning on developing a Wii U version. It sounds like they want to utilize as much power as they can from current technology, something that the Wii U simply doesn't have. I guess they plan to make a separate version for Wii U.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 23, 2015, 12:07:01 AMAmazing that he had to do this kickstarter to show there was interest in this genre. How did game companies get so out of touch with what people want? It is quite incredible.

Yeah, it really is very telling. When you don't have all those people above you giving orders, it seems like you're able to really focus on what the fans truly like in your games. Makes me wonder how many misunderstood people there are in the industry.

gunswordfist

But all those online polls that we manufacture results for told us otherwise! How could we be wrong! - Game Companies.

talon, I think he means 8-bit music when he said 8-bit tracks. I wonder if classic mode means 8-bit graphics. Linear CV gameplay and 8-bit would be what I really hope it is.