Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 25, 2012, 10:28:42 PM
Epic Mickey: Power Of Illusion in motion

Man, watching stuff on IGN is such a chore. It must be a problem on my end, because that two minute clip took forever to get through.

As far as the game itself, though... looks good! Definitely looking forward to this one.

Foggle

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Trailer for Rayman Legends. Holy shit, I want it now. I haven't bought Origins yet but I am definitely getting this one Day 1. It looks like a hugely expanded sequel, which is exactly what platformers need to be.

Quote from: Foggle on April 27, 2012, 01:26:58 PM
Excited, Spark?

That actually looks kinda fun. Rhythm games seemed to have made their home on the portables, so I wonder just how well it can translate to PS3 controls.

Foggle

That Rayman game does indeed look legendary. Hope there's a PC version for this one, too.

Spark Of Spirit

Rayman Origins is great.

Nice to see this as a Wii-U title. If there's no 3DS version, that'll be the one for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/bigger-isnt-better-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-nintendo-3ds/

Interesting article. I can see where Sakurai is coming from, Brawl is a pretty tough act to follow, so it'd make sense to focus on something other than making the next game "bigger".

Spark Of Spirit

I see the 3DS version as being in the style of the old games (Smash 64 if Sakurai's thoughts still follow forward) while the Wii-U has a ton of differences from the first three including new modes (Kid Icarus Uprising might be a hint of this) while the old style is relegated only to VS. and 1P/2P classic mode.

Just making it like Brawl but bigger doesn't sound very exciting.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I don't mind him overhauling the modes, as long as he also trims the fat. There's no good reason for removing Race to the Finish and Board the Platforms while leaving in wastes of spaces like Masterpieces and that list of games.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Ah yeah, board the platforms, race for the finish, and destroy all targets were awesome. A challenge mode that has a ton of those as unlocks would be great. I always wanted more of them. They were better than the Subspace and Adventure modes for sure.

Actually, I also want more simple stages like 64 had, as well. A good chunk of Melee's were terrible, and about a third of Brawl's are infuriating gimmick levels (though at least they brought the best Melee levels over), and some are just too big. I don't know about you guys but New Pork City and The Temple are not very fun levels.

Rynnec

If they do decide to go for a story mode again, make it more in-depth and have dialogue boxes where the characters interact.

A better Event Mode would be good too, Brawl's Event Mode was pretty underwhelming compared to Melee's. Keep the co-op though, I loved that.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 28, 2012, 08:19:40 PM
Actually, I also want more simple stages like 64 had, as well. A good chunk of Melee's were terrible, and about a third of Brawl's are infuriating gimmick levels (though at least they brought the best Melee levels over), and some are just too big. I don't know about you guys but New Pork City and The Temple are not very fun levels.

BLASPHEMY!

But I would love to see an updated Hyrule Castle.

Speaking of stages, Mario Galaxy is long overdue.

Foggle

I hope Travis Touchdown is in the next Smash Bros. Suda wants him to be iirc.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I would mark out big time if Travis Touchdown made it in. The only other 3rd party characters I think deserve a chance are Mega Man and Simon Belmont, but it's doubtful their parent companies would go ahead and submit them since they barely care about those franchises now.

Spark Of Spirit

I really like The Great Sea the best of every Zelda level. Perfectly balanced, great gimmicks, and a bit of obstacle dodging.

But as for third party characters, I think they should go with 4. I've always been an advocate of every series getting 4 reps (at the minimum) both for roster size, and for representation, as well as letting each player have an original character in the same series. It's more balanced that way.

So basically:

Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega) [Classic Sonic alt costume please]
Solid Snake (Konami) [I would prefer a Belmont from Castlevania... But it's Kojima so what can you do?]
Mega Man (Capcom) [Sadly due to Inafune being gone this won't happen]
Geno (Square) [Either him or Crono, but I think he has the best chance]

Beyond that and it feels like too much taking the focus away from it being a Nintendo project.

Foggle

No More Heroes is a Nintendo series, though. It never would have been ported to other consoles if Marvelous hadn't been so desperate for money.