Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 23, 2014, 08:05:37 PM
Capcom has been doing a lot of shady stuff recently including suing Tecmo-Koei for a very shallow reason. They're hurting for money and in a well deserved bad situation.

The funny thing is that I completely lack any sympathy for either company. That said, I suppose it could be said that at least KT doesn't really engage in too many shady business practices, unlike Capcom. Their only real fault is pushing out mediocre gameplay content and butchering the Ninja Gaiden franchise.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 23, 2014, 08:01:37 PMYou become a fan of an EA franchise, you take your risks.

You might as well add Capcom and Ubisoft to that phrase, while you're at it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 23, 2014, 07:50:25 PM
I think the puzzles in Silent Hill games tend to be more devious than, say, Resident Evil. They tend to be really cryptic, but in a good way. and putting aside the excessive and annoying puzzles in 3's hard mode, the challenge of the puzzles is very well done.

Seriously, who decided that type of puzzle was fun?

Foggle

Me and Tecmo will be cool again as soon as they announce Fatal Frame 5 for NA release.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The thing about these puzzles, though, is that they are way too meta. Like, for example, you have to collect six photo pieces during very specific phases of a loop, which I suppose you could mostly find if you look in every little corner of every step that you walk, but one of them appears....in the game's pause menu, in the middle of a specific loop. There's just no way that you would figure out any of that without either extreme luck or a guide. But, like I said, this is clearly not a demo of the actual game. It's a glorified teaser trailer (and even unlocks an actual teaser trailer upon actual successful completion). Kojima actually expected that it would take upwards of a week before anyone actually solved all of the puzzles, and commented on how surprised he was that it only took a few days. Now think if how insane some gamers are and how painstakingly obsessive they are about this stuff, and suddenly that makes it clear that these puzzles are just something that nobody in their right mind would figure out. So, I suspect that these are all just hints as to what the story of the actual game is.

Needless to say, if you do play the demo, use a text guide rather than a video so as not to spoil the atmosphere for yourself. The only thing that you'll ever really instinctively learn is that, when you hear Lisa crying from behind you, just stop whatever you're doing and don't fucking move a single step or even point the camera in a slightly different direction until she stops crying and the music stops as well. I swear to God, it's the sound effects here that were scarier than anything else. That aspect was brilliant.

Nel_Annette

The three things that unnerved me the most in P.T.:

Spoiler
-The moment you start hearing that woman's cry-laugh-orgasm thing.

-The fetus in the sink, and when it finally starts talking like a man and basically implies how this whole scenario started.

-The fucking baby crying in the swinging fridge at the entrance as gallons of blood pour out. That isn't regular baby crying, that is a baby crying in endless pain.
[close]

The atmosphere in P.T. is wonderful, and was more effective in scaring me than most horror games these days.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

That actually looks really good. They should have had Sanzaru make the Wii U version...

Also,

RE5 confirmed.

talonmalon333

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on September 24, 2014, 09:52:04 PM
That actually looks really good. They should have had Sanzaru make the Wii U version...

Also,

RE5 confirmed.

And....Capcom just shit themselves. :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

talonmalon333

Foggle

So, The Evil Within has some of the highest system requirements I've ever seen. My PC probably won't even boot up the game. Very glad it's also coming to last-gen consoles.

Also, a word of warning for you, Dr. E-K: if you have one of the tremendously small Xbox 360 hard drives like I do, you won't be able to play the game. The 360 version has a mandatory 7GB install. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Based on the HDD storage space requirement, I could make enough room by deleting some games that I don't play anymore, but the bigger worry I have is that my HDD just flat out doesn't play some installed games, such as the Halo 4 multiplayer or the Blade Wolf DLC from MGRR. It's very random in that way. I'll be really pissed if this turns out to be one of those cases.

Foggle

I think it still runs off the disc, it just needs to install some of the game files for whatever reason. That's what most PS3 games seem to be like, anyway. Best of luck when you get it!

talonmalon333

Do you think this could turn out to be the best survival horror game since RE4?