Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Comeau on February 18, 2015, 04:39:01 PM
Here's hoping the new Star Fox is good, but I don't really care for any of the games except for 64.  For one of Nintendo's more in demand series I don't really feel it has a good track record.
That's partially because 64 is the only one they actually made. This new one they're making is the second one they've ever made. I'm not quite sure they only ever made one of them. 64 proves a good Star Fox game is easy for them to make.

Sort of like Yoshi's Island. For some reason they've never made one themselves after the first one. And it shows. A lot.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sometimes I feel like the original doesn't get due respect. Yes, 64 is superior, but it doesn't make the original obsolete, and it has aged better than what some people give it credit for.

Commode

I don't care for the original, it's not a bad game it's just too pedestrian.  64 isn't one of my favorite games of all time, but I think it was a dramatic step up from the SNES game.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

The original was okay. The soundtrack is better than the N64 version, especially. But I don't find it spectacular or anything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I don't even have a copy of the SNES game, was going to fire it up and try it out again.  Weird, could've sworn I had it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

I honestly can't go back to the original. The inferior gameplay and aged look just make me stick to 64.

Avaitor

I've actually never played the original. I feel like I'll be on the majority's side if I do, though. It's pretty hard to top 64.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I get the problems people had with Adventures, but what was wrong with Assault? I ask because I've never played the latter.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You see, I disagree with all of that. It's popular to knock the original, but I still think it's fun.

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 18, 2015, 06:13:12 PM
I get the problems people had with Adventures, but what was wrong with Assault? I ask because I've never played the latter.
The Arwing levels were excellent - perhaps even better than in 64 - but the Landstalker and on-foot parts were dreadful and headache-induing.

I know everyone hates Adventures, but I actually quite like it. Best 3D Zelda clone I've played.

Avaitor

I only ever got to play a little bit of Assault, and by my luck, I went through one of the land levels. Never gave me the incentive to try it out after that.

Adventures is fine for what it is, and I'd call it a better Zelda clone than Okami any day. It's just... weird compared to the rest of the franchise. Still, I want to give it another play someday.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

I love Okami as well, and it's probably a better designed game, but it's hard to deny that its pacing is far worse than Adventures.

Rynnec

So there's a chance that Spawn and a Yautja (a.k.a "The Predator) may be guest characters in Mortal Kombat X. If this turns out to be true, then this'll be the first MK game I'll be absolutely dying to play ASAP.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This would make this Spawn's second guest-appearance as a fighting game character. He was also previously playable in the XBOX version of Soul Calibur II.

Spark Of Spirit

Announced for NA! Both the 3DS and Wii U version!

I'm not sure if the Wii U version still includes the Wii game, but it might.