DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 03, 2016, 08:02:01 PM
And now we know why Sara doesn't have the bloodlust.

It's not really a good explanation, though. Sara was shown to still have a lack of control over her bloodlust even after Constantine helped to restore her soul. It wasn't as bad as before, but it was at least on the same level as Thea's bloodlust.

It seems to me that the writers just wanted to find a quick way to throw that plot-point out since Sara is now on LOT, and has a completely different character arc to deal with, handled by different writers.

QuoteGreat episode of Arrow with a lot of reveals and good action. But it does highlight how much I've missed having Roy on the team. Oh well, maybe Legends of Tomorrow some day.

From what I've come to understand, Colton Haynes left the show because of more appealing job offers for a higher pay from other projects. I'm not sure exactly what those are, but such is common in the world of entertainment. They probably figured that it was better to let him go pursue those, and come back occasionally as a recurring character, rather than to raise his pay on their already tight budget for a pretty expensive TV show, just to keep him on as a regular.

Spark Of Spirit

So, uh, never mind about the bloodlust thing. Sara still has it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

So why didn't they just further sedate or ensnare Vandal's body, bring it onto the ship, and get Kendra to wake up so she can stab him?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, Arrow said that she didn't have the bloodlust anymore when really she did. Folks, we've finally reached the point where even live-action adaptations of a Superhero Universe can get too convoluted for the different writers to stay on the same page. Just like in actual comic books. This is truly a cause for celebration! :>

Dr. Insomniac also brings up a good point about the plot hole with them missing the perfect opportunity to kill Savage. Really, it'd be fine if he just escaped again, but seeing as how they did temporarily manage to incapacitate him, they could have locked him up in some way until Sara was fit enough to do the deed.

Gaping oversites aside, though, I still liked this episode quite a bit. When a show is as entertaining as this, it's kind of hard for me to focus all that much on its shortcomings.

Avaitor

Flash was so good this week. Earth 2 lived up to my expectations, and this shows that no matter what or where, our Barry is a good person.

And Supergirl had a pretty cool adaptation of "For the Man Who Has Everything", but I think that JLU's remains superior. And I think that Alan Moore would agree.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The slight difference in JLU with Clark slowly realizing everything hits a lot harder, I think, than Kara knowing then forgetting and having to remember. But it still worked really well here. Especially since it led to that surprise ending.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I'm just gonna say it.

The Flash:
Spoiler
The guy in the cell is the real Jay Garrick and the one Zoom just captured is not the real deal.
[close]

After this episode I'm pretty sure of it.

Peanutbutter

I hate CW and OnDemand not having the other episodes I need to catch up to Flash in them. I want to watch it legally, but now I'm starting to think I may be forced to use other means and that should never happen.

Avaitor

Hulu gets the show 8 days after it premieres. That's a bit of a wait, but it's not terrible.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on February 17, 2016, 09:41:44 AM
Hulu gets the show 8 days after it premieres. That's a bit of a wait, but it's not terrible.

Well, if I don't have to get Hulu Plus and the episodes are still in there I'll give them a shot. Thanks!

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 18, 2016, 01:08:15 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 17, 2016, 09:41:44 AM

Well, if I don't have to get Hulu Plus and the episodes are still in there I'll give them a shot. Thanks!
I think that you might need Plus if you want to backtrack further, but Hulu itself still has the past few episodes.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The CW's website/app streams the last few weeks' worth of episodes, so there's that.

I've honestly been keeping up with the show through those means, myself, since I don't actually have any cable or satellite TV right now. The episodes are uploaded just a few hours after they air.

Dr. Insomniac

Like with how both Canaries somehow had the bloodlust, the disconnect between the show writers is getting more annoying. When Captain Cold scolded Lance about potentially killing Stein by saying that he would never kill one of his own, and I'm going, "But you did that in your first episode. What are you talking about?"

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I'd argue that's more of a Flash characterization issue than one for LOT. In his first appearance on The Flash, Captain Cold was more ruthless, but in later appearances the writers toned him down, and for absolutely no reason at all he now had an honor code (which Barry pointed out in his last appearance on that show, so far).

The Snart in LOT is consistent with how he's been portrayed in his later appearances on The Flash. The problems with the inconsistent writing lie between his earlier and later appearances on that show specifically, the way that I see it.

As for the Canary bloodlust thing, that's a better example of confusion between the writing staffs across shows. She had it on Arrow, and then seemingly didn't have it at the start of LOT. Then the Arrow writers tried to write it off by saying that she didn't have it anymore because Constantine restored her soul, even though she clearly still had it in subsequent episodes of Arrow. However, since she is now part of the LOT cast, they had to explain it away. But then by episode 3 of LOT, they brought it up again out of nowhere.

The Snart issue, while a valid criticism, doesn't particularly bother me because it comes with the comic book and long-running series territory. I don't mind overlooking it because he's such an entertaining character. The Canary issue does bother me, though, because it's an issue that was brought up in the current season of Arrow, and thus there's no excuse for the current season of LOT to not be on the same page.

That said, the inconsistencies are still, at most, more nit-pick-worthy to me than huge gaping flaws that hamper my enjoyment of the show as its own stand-alone thing. So they don't really annoy me as much as they do for you, though I can fully understand where you're coming from.

Spark Of Spirit

I do hope they get rid of Sara's bloodlust soon since it is a hard issue to deal with, but the Snart thing was just typical retconning. As much as retconning can get on my nerves, as long as no one is punching a hole in reality, I can roll with it.