Adventure Time

Started by Avaitor, December 31, 2010, 11:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Maybe I'm being gender-biased, but I think Fionna's a hell of a lot cooler than Finn could ever be. I'd probably watch the show more if it was like this.

Avaitor

I think Fionna seemed more likable since girls are typically more laid back at that age than boys (except for, you know, that time...).

I certainly liked her a little more than I usually care for Finn.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Also, I see what they did there by having NPH riding a black horse.

Kiddington

Definitely the best episode of the series, bar none. If it had more to offer in terms of adventures like this (mainly while focusing on better characters), I'd probably be more of a fan.

Daxdiv

Fionna and Cake was probably my favorite episode of Adventure Time as well. I ended up enjoying Fionna more than Finn myself. For some reason, I kind of imagined if Fionna was the star, it would focus more on a romance angle with Prince Gumball as well. I think my only complaint about Fionna was probably her voice. Not sure why, but that kind of bothered me. Everyone else was good in their roles.

As for Ice King, he once again proved how messed up in the head he was in the regards that he's writing a fanfic of his greatest adversary as a girl. Seriously, that's kind of messed up if you think about it really hard.

Avaitor

Bumping since a season 1 set has been announced, and it's apparently going to be bonus feature-laden too.

Considering Warner's shaky track record with CN DVD sets, I'm not sure if we'll get the full series out, but it's cool that they're trying this. I might consider buying it if I can find it for around $20, since I'd like to give the show more of a chance, but don't have the time to follow it on CN.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I've been watching quite a bit of this show recently, since it's on so much, and I think I'm warming up to it a little.  There's something about it that still bugs me, probably how it kind of panders to the Internet crowd(something that Regular Show is also guilty of), but it is rather enjoyable.

That said, I'm kind of getting away from Regular Show.  I still enjoy the humor, but I can't stand the characters of Benson and Muscle Man, and even Rigby at times. 

And MAD is so unbelievably bad.  Holy shit.  Don't know why this is still on the air.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Quote from: Comeau on April 09, 2012, 09:02:27 PM
There's something about it that still bugs me, probably how it kind of panders to the Internet crowd(something that Regular Show is also guilty of)
Yeah, that's my main problem with both shows. Regular Show also feels like that it's still kind of stuck at square one from what I've seen, as opposed to AT, which has developed a little ever since it started.

New blog!

Kiddington

I haven't been able to get into Adventure Time yet. I don't know why really, it's just not striking a chord with me. There are times that it just gets way too weird for my liking, and it's kind of a turnoff.

...that said, I still love Regular Show. Although I will echo Avaitor in that even early Season 1 differs very little from where they're at now, as far as the basic formula and everything goes. Still fun, though.

Quote from: Comeau on April 09, 2012, 09:02:27 PM
And MAD is so unbelievably bad.  Holy shit.  Don't know why this is still on the air.

I can still remember the days when I was actually excited for this one. Ugh.

So much wasted potential. Still hard for me to believe the same studio that gave us Tiny Toons and Freakazoid, among oh so many others, is also responsible for MAD and Loonatics and basically every other piece of hot garbage we've gotten with the WB brand on it since. What a shame.

Spark Of Spirit

The best episode of Regular Show was the Double Dragon homage. But yeah, the show's pretty static.

But I dunno about Adventure Time. I want to like it, and it has a lot of the elements I like, but I just don't get engaged at all when I watch it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 12:50:51 PM
But I dunno about Adventure Time. I want to like it, and it has a lot of the elements I like, but I just don't get engaged at all when I watch it.

That's pretty much the way I feel about it.

I don't think there is a single CN show that I've ever given more of a chance than this (without liking it right off the bat, I mean). A lot of people like it, and it looks like something that I really should be able to get into, but it just... I dunno. Nearly every episode I've seen, sans maybe Fionna and Cake or the Christmas special, just doesn't do it for me.

Avaitor

On the other hand, this is pretty cool.

New blog!

Eddy

I actually enjoy Adventure Time a lot. I've never really gone out of my way to watch it and I'm sure there are a lot of episodes I've missed but whenever I do catch it on I find myself enjoying it. Kind of like a fun little time waster. I've given thought of getting the season one DVD.

I also have a plushie of Lumpy Space Princess. It's pretty adorable.

Avaitor

Well, this is pretty good news for fans of the show.

Did anyone buy the first season? Is it worth buying if you're not a huge fan?

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on February 08, 2013, 09:30:49 PM
Well, this is pretty good news for fans of the show.

Did anyone buy the first season? Is it worth buying if you're not a huge fan?
Eh, season 3 is where it gets really good.