Remakes/Ports Discussion

Started by talonmalon333, July 31, 2013, 11:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It does.

They lost the source code, though. That's why the only re-release it's ever had has been a total overhaul remake for the DS and it wasn't in any of the PS1 collections like the other games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 30, 2015, 03:39:39 PM
I'm just afraid the NES FFIII has many of the flaws that typical 8-bit RPGs tend to have. Can't confirm if it does or doesn't, though.
It does, but I still prefer it to the remake.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2015, 03:43:05 PM
They lost the source code, though. That's why the only re-release it's ever had has been a total overhaul remake for the DS and it wasn't in any of the PS1 collections like the other games.
That's really interesting! I have to wonder how people manage to just lose source code like that. Kind of bizarre.

talonmalon333

Did they check under the bed?

Spark Of Spirit

Ask Sega. They lost the source code for Panzer Dragoon Saga and House of the Dead 1.

It's quite silly, honestly.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I think Square Enix also lost some of the Kingdom Hearts 1 source code, meaning the HD port is a literal remake. An exact remake.