Imports!

Started by Foggle, May 06, 2012, 05:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

There are minute differences to Green, and I have the cart to prove it. For the most part, it pretty much is the same game as Blue, but not exactly.

1. The Pokemon sprites are different. IE they're uglier, and look even worse than some of those original Red/Blue sprites we've all come to know and love over the years. To wit:

This was one of the main reasons why Blue was created in the first place, to improve upon the artwork. You can see by this list how bad some of these are. I mean, just look at Mew. Look at it.

2. Unknown Dungeon has a much different layout than it did in Red and Blue. Other dungeons (Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel) also had small cosmetic changes as well, but not quite as drastic.

I think that's about it, really (I haven't played it in ages, so maybe I am missing something minor, but it's not much beyond this), but hey, it's something at least. And as far as all of those old urban legends about the Lavender Town theme go (you've all heard them by now I'm sure)... I don't know how people came to this conclusion, but I've never noticed it myself. The theme sounds exactly the same to me in my version of Green as it does in my American Red/Blue counterparts, but hey, it's the internet, so I suppose that comes with the territory. If any of you guys notice the supposed differences, though, let me know.