2D To 3D, 3D To 2D

Started by gunswordfist, May 07, 2012, 10:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 07, 2012, 06:33:04 PM
You guys that want a 2D hack n slash and are not playing the Mega Man Zero games are killing me.

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2012, 12:00:47 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 07, 2012, 11:59:46 AM
Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2012, 11:56:05 AM
Metal Slug or Contra in 3D on the Vanquish engine WHY HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED YET?
They've already tried both in 3D and the results were pretty abysmal. No new engine is going to change that fact.
That's because they didn't try hard enough. Vanquish is basically Metal Slug in 3D and it's one of the best TPS games ever made.
Well, other than the regenerating health thing. The problem is that you can't do games with one hit deaths in 3D because you cannot keep track of everything around you without getting cheapshotted a lot. A big part of the appeal of Contra to me is the intensity of avoiding certain death every second whether it be enemies or traps. The shooting is kind of a side-bonus. Vanquish was more about blowing things up with bigger things.

As for what I want? 2D Sonic & Mario team up. Classic Sonic and Classic 2D-art Mario rolling off half pipes into green pipes, and jumping off springs into floating question mark blocks.
If they made the enemies' shooting no faster than a Ratchet and Clank game and had them almost never surround the player, they can make it possible. Orrrrr they can just put a health bar with a points based extra life system. No regenerating health needed (as much as I love it in some shooters)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Foggle

Wow, that's awesome! Game Maker games are pretty horrendously optimized, though. They have problems running properly on my computer, too.

Eddy

I want to see Metroid be turned into a third person survival horror game like Dead Space.

I really think the potential is there. Metroid is already kind of a creepy game. I'd like to see Nintendo take a crack at a survival horror. (Unless you count Luigi's Mansion as a horror game.)

gunswordfist

Super Metroid is not that creepy, but in 3D I suspect it would be much more creepy. Metroid Fusion is creepy from what I've played.

Foggle

Fusion and Prime 2 (I think it was) had some pretty creepy moments. I can't really see Nintendo making a full-on survival horror title, though... especially not with an established character.

Spark Of Spirit

That would involve making Samus less than a walking arsenal. The closest they came to making it more horror-ish was with Fusion, and even by the end of that she was a walking arsenal again.

Maybe you'll be more into Eternal Darkness 2 for the Wii-U.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 08, 2012, 04:57:58 PM
3D RKA?
That looks like Sky Knight Rodea. If that ever gets released.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 08, 2012, 05:12:35 PM
The what now?
This

Yuji Naka even made it. I've been waiting for it to be released for the last two years. The game is even completely done but hasn't been released. I dunno, why.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 08, 2012, 05:15:47 PM
The what now?
This

Yuji Naka even made it. I've been waiting for it to be released for the last two years. The game is even completely done but hasn't been released. I dunno, why.

I was wondering what happened to that game.  I thought it was canceled or something.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on May 08, 2012, 06:19:44 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 08, 2012, 05:15:47 PM
The what now?
This

I was wondering what happened to that game.  I thought it was canceled or something.
It's apparently done, but sitting at Kadokawa Games waiting to be released. Nobody seems to know what's taking them so long.

Foggle

gunswordfist

Castlevania Symphony Of The Night

Guardian Legend- 3D Person Scif Shooter with Star Fox 64-esque spaceship sequences.

The Mother Trilogy- In 3rd person view, not top down, so players can really be into the zany, wacky and/or creepy locations in the games.