"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, July 15, 2011, 02:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novapocalypse

Quote from: Avaitor on July 16, 2011, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: Novapocalypse on July 16, 2011, 01:11:57 PM
Best Potter yet IMO.
Yet? You mean Rowling is writing more books after all?

I meant it as in it's the best movie out of them all haha. Sorry for the confusion.

Commode

Saw the movie for the second time tonight, this time in 3D.  Found another thing that was missing from the movie that I think it should've had; at the end Harry disposes of the Elder Wand without taking the time to repair his own first.  Kind of weird, what is he going to do, keep using Malfoy's old wand?

I also went out to the exchange and bought a paperback copy of Deathly Hallows to give myself a little refresher.  I still have the hardcover copy that I got the day it came out, but it's boxed up and buried in a closet back home with the other books, and I haven't read the book in at least two years, probably more.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Lord Dalek

I thought it was bizarre that he destroyed the wand period. In the book, Harry returns the elder wand to Dumbledore's tomb.

Novapocalypse

I like the idea of him breaking the wand a lot better than him just taking it back to Dumbledore's tomb and leaving it for another pyscho to come along and take it.

ToonFaithful

Just came back from the movie and really sad for Snape's demise. Almost brought tears to my eyes during the flashback scene. It was cool to see the chamber of secrets again....in a David Yates atmosphere rather than Chris Columbus's.

talonmalon333

9/10

I thought it was brilliant. The best parts in order:

7(P2) > 7(P1) > 1 = 2 >> 6 > 4 > 5 = 3

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Finally got back from seeing the movie. Really, really satisfying conclusion. Even the epilogue felt better (its still pretty corny, but the movie somehow made it feel more tolerable than how much of a joke it felt like in the book).

I was a little disappointed that they didn't actually show some of the death scenes and I wasn't too keen on some of the scene changes, but overall it was a really well-made film with overall good pacing.

I'm not sure if I'd call it the best movie in the series, though. My favorite book is The Goblet of Fire and in terms of entertainment value that also happens to be my favorite movie entry in the series. This movie had me very entertained all of the way through, but I need to see it at least a couple more times to see how well it holds up to re-watch value. Overall, though, I couldn't imagine a much better ending to the movie adaptation of Harry Potter.