Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

The only thing worse would be if Toei suddenly turned rogue and pulled FUNi's DBZ rights.

gunswordfist

Any good deals on FMA DVDs? :imnothappy:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

All I need is a Blu-Ray... :cry:

Thanks though *bookmarks*  :)

Avaitor

If I was more of an FMA fan, I would order one of the sets, but I don't feel a strong incentive to besides the chance to sell it off a bit later on.

But I think that after I get my next paycheck, I'll order a copy of Baccano! if I still can.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently the license doesn't include the original anime series, by the way. Funi keeps that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Yeah, right now its only Conqueror of Shamballa and Brotherhood.  If the Hulu expiration dates are any indication though, Funi will lose the original in August.

gunswordfist

...can we ask the anime Gods to just take away Conqueror of Shamballa?  :srs:

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 08, 2015, 01:02:23 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on October 23, 2015, 02:54:01 PM
10. Fate/Zero
9. DBZ Kai
8. Hellsing Ultimate
7. Fist Of The Nortstar
6. Ushio & Tora
5. One Piece
4. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2011
3. Hunter X Hunter 2011
2. Hunter X Hunter 1999
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

This is based off of what I've recently...ish seen and off of the top of my head.
11. Fate/Zero
10. DBZ Kai
9. Hellsing Ultimate
8. One Piece
7. Fist Of The Northstar
6. One Punch Man
5. Ushio & Tora
4. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2011
3. Hunter X Hunter 2011
2. Hunter X Hunter 1999
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
9. Fate/Zero
8. Lupin The Third Part 1
7. Erased
6. Fist Of The Northstar
5. One Punch Man
4. Ushio & Tora
3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2011
2. Hunter X Hunter 2011
1. Hunter X Hunter 1999

I took out One Piece and Kai since I haven't seen them in awhile and was nowhere near completely them either way. I haven't watched a significant amount of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in forever, so I took it down. Kind of weird feeling having 1999 as my favorite anime. Hellsing was taken down due to me not seeing any of it in a year and a half and missing all but 2 seconds of the last episode. Maybe I'm being too strict, idk. lol

LumRanmaYasha

Updated Favorite Anime List.

1. Urusei Yatsura
2. Ashita no Joe 2
3. Maison Ikkoku
4. Trigun
5. Cowboy Bebop
6. Space Dandy
7. Gintama
8. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
9. Lupin the Third (series 1, 2, 2015, & The Woman Called Fujiko Mine)
10. Detective Conan
11. Ranma 1/2
12. Revolutionary Girl Utena
13. The Slayers franchise
14. Dragon Ball
15. Yu Yu Hakusho
16. Mushi-shi
17. School Rumble
18. Assassination Classroom
19. Mr. Osomatsu
20. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju

As you might guess, I went for a "dramatic" motif with the pictures this time.  :D

Not much to say about the changes, since most shifts of shows up and down tend to be based on how much I've seen and how I strongly I feel about them recently. I finally realized that Urusei Yatsura is pretty clearly my favorite anime since besides me using images from it as profile pics on virtually every account I have on the internet, it's the one I think about and rewatch the most, to the point I frequently listen to the soundtracks and have gone out of the way to buy merchandise of it which is something I generally don't do. Gintama gets in because I've finally watched and rewatched enough of the anime to feel comfortable ranking it, and it's a very easy show for me to rewatch and consistently enjoy which is why it ranks so highly for me. I decided the Ass Class anime is one of my favorites after realizing I've rewatched every episode of the first season at least four times within the last year and still consistently enjoy it. Finally, Mr. Osomatsu and Rakugo Shinju are definitely two of my favorite anime to come out recently. I've already rewatched many episodes of the former a couple times, and the latter is exactly the kind of mature and grounded character-driven drama that I prefer watching these days, so I felt they deserved spots on my list too.

Probably going to update my favorite manga list sometime as well.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Sweet! Glad to see they'll finally get a physical release over here. Also reminds me that I really should get around to watching them already.  :D

The Shadow Gentleman

Made a new chart because why not.

Spoiler
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

King of the Hakusho is one of my favorite anime too! :joy:

gunswordfist

I love Cotton Hiei's debut.