What Are You Listening To II: Whole Lotta Music

Started by Avaitor, July 06, 2013, 03:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Just a little Aquabats lately.

Stuck in a Movie and High Five City in particular are awesome.

No-Personality

House Crew - "Euphoria (Nino's Dream Remix)"
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Churchill's "Change", which was really popular last summer.

Turns out they broke up shortly after that. I had no idea. I remembered the song while scrolling through my iTunes (the song was free for a short time last year), and had been wondering why they never seemed to capitalize on that fifteen minutes. I've been scouring the internet to find out why, and it seems from what I'm finding, that the male and female singers were screwing. Both were already married to other people.  :wth: Way to throw away that shot at success and your marriages for some poon, guys. Hopefully the other band members found something they enjoyed after the break-up.

Avaitor

Bob Weir- "Shade of Grey"

Wow, I think that I actually prefer this to anything I've heard from the Dead.

New blog!

Commode

Found this at the local video game shop today for a couple bucks.  Greatest soundtrack ever, the only one that matches it is the classic rock station in San Andreas.

Rocking Slayer's "Raining Blood" at the moment.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I was always more of a fan of San Andreas' modern rock station, although I wish that they played Motorhead's "Hellraiser" instead of Ozzy's version. ;)

New blog!

No-Personality

If I'm not mistaken, Motorhead did that song specifically for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth. (In my opinion, the only tolerable sequel of the franchise.)

Re-doing my 999 Singles of the 1990's... and I can't tell you how intensive this is. As I basically go through the numbers and decide that "this song is right for number 330, 331," etc, etc, the hours are flying by and after over 4 hours of re-listening and carefully deciding how far up or down the list a particular song needs to be repositioned... maybe 5 hours, I've only finalized about 34 songs. It's 10:30 and I truly don't know long I've been sitting here.

But, anyway, a few songs have been tossed, opening up slots and there might be room for Aerosmith's "Eat the Rich" if it impresses me on a replay. (It might be in competition with "Not Forgotten" by Leftfield, "Milk" by Garbage, and "Blackout" by Apollo 440. But, we'll see.)
and I love it.

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on July 24, 2014, 09:39:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Motorhead did that song specifically for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth. (In my opinion, the only tolerable sequel of the franchise.)
Lemmy actually wrote the song for Ozzy, alongside a couple of other songs for No More Tears, including "Mama, I'm Coming Home". And I guess he liked it enough to record a version of the song himself, which made it onto Hellraiser III and their next album.

New blog!

No-Personality

Ah. Then, for the movie's sake, they lucked into it.

Anyway, finally listened to the radio yesterday (first time since "Gold Digger" was actually a hit, so it's been awhile), and caught Izzy & Charley's "Fancy." Yawn. And this is from someone who didn't yawn when they heard "Whip My Hair" for the first time a week earlier.

Also stumbled across something called Pretty Reckless. Put Pink, Lady Gaga, and Marina & the Diamonds into a blender.
and I love it.

Avaitor

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Weird Al - Word Crimes

This man's work will never get old.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

You know what are two radio songs that I despise? Wake Me Up, and Happy. Two unimpressive songs that somehow gained enough popularity to be played constantly every day.

The only question is, which of the two songs I hate more. Wake Me Up is the worse song as it's just typical radio dance floor slop, whereas Happy can admittedly be a bit catchy the first few times you hear it. However, Happy is more overplayed than Wake Me Up ever was (I think radio stations began to cut down on Wake Me Up when listeners began to realize that it's not really a good song), so my hate for both kind of evens out at some point.