The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by Lan, October 08, 2013, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lan

This list is the correct anime episode order. The best way to think of it is that series 1 and 2 merged into one.

01) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I
02) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II
03) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III
04) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
05) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V
06) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
07) The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
08) Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
09) Mysterique Sign
10) Remote Island Syndrome (Part 1)
11) Remote Island Syndrome (Part 2)
12) Endless Eight (Part 1)
13) Endless Eight (Part 2)
14) Endless Eight (Part 3)
15) Endless Eight (Part 4)
16) Endless Eight (Part 5)
17) Endless Eight (Part 6)
18) Endless Eight (Part 7)
19) Endless Eight (Part 8 )
20) The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya I
21) The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II
22) The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya III
24) The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
25) The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya V
25) Mikuru Asahina's Adventure
26) Live Alive
27) The Day Of Sagittarius
28) Someday In The Rain
29) The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (movie)

I admit that this is a shameless plug, but I write extended synopses on the novel series on my blog if it helps for whatever reason.

Adapted into the anime-
01) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (April-May 2003)
02) The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (Early June)
03) Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (July 7th)
04) Mysterique Sign (July)
05) Remote Island Syndrome (Late July)
06) Endless Eight (August 17-31)
07) The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (Mid-November)
08) The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 (Mid-November)
09) Live Alive (Late November)
10) The Day Of Sagittarius (Late November)
11) Someday In The Rain (Early or Mid December)
12) The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (December 16th to 24th)

Not adapted into the anime-
13) Love at First Sight (26th December)
14) Snowy Mountain Syndrome (30th December)
15) Where Did The Cat Go? (31st December)
16) The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya- Prologue (part 1) (January 2nd 2004)
17) Random Numbers (3rd January)
18) The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina (mid-late January)
19) The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya- Prologue (part 2) (Tuesday 3rd February)
20) The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya (early February)
21) Editor in Chief, Full Speed Ahead! (late February)
22) Wandering Shadow (early March)
23) The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya (April)
24) The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (April-May)
25) Rainy Day (September 2002)

I have also given the Spice and Wolf novels the same treatment.

And yes- I'M BACK. HAIL ILPALAZZO!!! :e_hail:

Foggle

Whoa, that's a lot of effort there! Would be pretty helpful for people who still have yet to watch/read this series and want to. :)

Go ahead and start a Spice and Wolf thread as well if you want. I know some people on here like it!

Daikun

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on June 05, 2014, 04:32:31 AM
It's been a while...
Seems to be quite an ambitious promo. KyoAni is up to something. But the biggest question I'm wondering is if many still care about the franchise after all this time.

LumRanmaYasha

It looks like the japanese blu ray box set release of the series will have the english dub and english subtitles included. I believe Noir, Gurren Lagann, and GitS:SAC have done the same thing a while back, and this news makes me wonder if including english dubs is going to become a more common thing for japanese blu-ray releases. 

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What's the purpose of including the dub? Is it to cater to a lot of English speaking people in Japan? Is there a big enough market for that?

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 18, 2014, 12:04:40 AM
What's the purpose of including the dub? Is it to cater to a lot of English speaking people in Japan? Is there a big enough market for that?
Probably, since from what I hear anime distributors in Japan don't really expect people to buy the BDs/DVDs anyway. They only exist for the hardcore fans, of which English speakers may be part. That's why they're so expensive.

Also, since Haruhi is out of print in America/Europe, they may be hoping for some importation as well.

LumRanmaYasha

Lord Dalek

Great... relicense the crap everybody hates now and not the moderately enjoyable film.

Way to go Funi...

Speedy

While I can't agree with the generalization that EVERYBODY hates the first season now, I do agree that Disappearance is easily the best thing to come out of the franchise (anime-side, I mean).

Besides, it's only a matter of time before FUNi licenses Disappearance too.  They'd be stupid not to.

Daikun

Lord Il

KyoAni could've handled things FAR better than they did with the Endless Eight arc of season 2. Having that many of nearly identical episodes was overkill. Condensing it (even just a little!) wouldn't have been out of the question.... and perhaps I'd have less of a reason to punch Kyon square in the face for his indecisiveness... Maybe!

... ooooo..... the rage this gave me..
  :il_hahaha:

Quote from: Speedy on August 22, 2014, 02:50:21 PM
While I can't agree with the generalization that EVERYBODY hates the first season now, I do agree that Disappearance is easily the best thing to come out of the franchise (anime-side, I mean).
Disappearance was like a breath of fresh air to me after being disappointed with season 2. Staying true to KyoAni's past reputation in art quality, the animation in this movie was nice and backgrounds were a thing of beauty. The pacing of the story was somewhat slow but still moved along well for it.

Quote from: Speedy on August 22, 2014, 02:50:21 PMBesides, it's only a matter of time before FUNi licenses Disappearance too.  They'd be stupid not to.
It's only a matter of time. It'll happen.

I own the Bandai Blu-ray release which came out close to five years ago. What's special about it to me is that it was my first HD anime purchase. For the nay-sayers I've encountered who think "cartoons" don't look noticeably better in 1080p, the proof is in the pudding. And that pudding can taste pretty sweet.
  :e_love:

Quote from: Daikun on August 22, 2014, 03:27:33 PM
Maybe Aniplex can get it. :happytime:
That's not funny, Daikun. Not at all.  :e_tongue:

LumRanmaYasha

Most of the cast will return for The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki anime. Not surprised, but good to see. Premiere date still hasn't been announced yet, though. I'm guessing it'll be either in the Spring or the Summer.

LumRanmaYasha

Oh, I guess I missed this before. Looks like the Nagato Yuki anime is coming in Spring after all. Considering all the other hyped/popular franchise-based anime slated to come out then, that's looking to be quite the season.

LumRanmaYasha