Barenaked Ladies

Started by Daikun, October 09, 2013, 02:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Here's a thread to discuss the group that made it big with "One Week" and has been sort of on-and-off the pop scene since then.

They have a new music video out titled "Odds Are" and it was produced with Rooster Teeth. I've watched it twice already and I recommend you check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sw9Fh6uk4Q

No-Personality

They've had a few earworms but the only thing I could even pretend to like was about 70% of "If I Had $1,000,000."
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Spark Of Spirit

Once Stephen Page left I lost all interest.

They've always been big up here, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Il

Good song and video!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 11, 2013, 04:17:51 PM
Once Stephen Page left I lost all interest.
Yeah, I have to agree. It's unfortunate that the split had to happen. Page was such a major part of what the band was.

When I first heard the stories going around on how he was snorting lines and charged with possession, I didn't believe it. This happened right around the time when they released a children's album. Given the timing, I couldn't help thinking that someone was conveniently fabricating the cocaine story in order to cause negative publicity to wreck their sales and reputation.

Haven't heard anything nasty about Page lately. I think he may've cleaned himself up since then. Hopefully a day will come when they can resolve their differences. I think true fans would forgive and move on. I'm not a major Barenaked Ladies fan, but I would like to see them together again.

No-Personality

Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

LumRanmaYasha

Oh, they used that song for the opening credit sequence of Baby Blues! I didn't know it was it's own distinct song and not just made for that show...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 19, 2013, 05:36:36 PM
Oh, they used that song for the opening credit sequence of Baby Blues! I didn't know it was it's own distinct song and not just made for that show...
That's actually my favorite song of theirs.  :sweat:

Stunt is a really good album in general.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

:sweat: I'm not very knowledgeable about music, and didn't even know the name of this band until yesterday; I just recognized that the song was used on Baby Blues. To tell you the truth, I barely know the names of any bands or albums. If there's a song I like, I remember it's name, but that's about it. I should really become more in tune with stuff like this.   :blush: