Boy/Girl Meets World

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 02, 2011, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Teaser

It doesn't tell you much, but it sure is nice to see it in action.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Man does it feel good to see BMW characters in action again. It feels like it'll be it's own show, while still keeping the heart of what made BMW such a great show.

Avaitor

Well that seems kinda okay.

It's too quick to make much out of it, but I'm still hopeful.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Here's the logo:

Definitely in the style of the old show. They sure are parceling this out slowly, aren't they?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

From Nick and More:

QuoteDisney Channel Airs Four-Night ?Boy Meets World? Event in May

In anticipation of Disney Channel?s new series Girl Meets World, a continuation of the Boy Meets World series with Cory and Topanga raising children of their own, Disney Channel is airing a special four-night Boy Meets World week this May.

From Monday, May 5 through Thursday, May 8, Disney will air one-hour of Boy Meets World episodes from 8-9pm ET/PT. This will be the first time the series has appeared on the network since August 2007. The show currently airs on sister Disney network ABC Family.

The scheduled episodes for this event follow:

Monday, May 5
8:00 p.m. #104 ?Cory?s Alternative Friends?
8:30 p.m. #115 ?Model Family?

Tuesday, May 6
8:00 p.m. #219 ?The Wrong Side of the Tracks?
8:30 p.m. #221 ?The Thrilla in Phila?

Wednesday, May 7
8:00 p.m. #301 ?My Best Friend?s Girl?
8:30 p.m. #306 ?This Little Piggy?

Thursday, May 8
8:00 p.m. #416 ?A Long Walk To Pittsburgh (1)?
8:30 p.m. #417 ?A Long Walk To Pittsburgh (2)?

Thus far, these are the only scheduled episodes to air in May. With the new series coming this summer, it?s of course possible we could see more. However, you can still watch the show weekdays from 3-5pm ET/PT on ABC Family.
There can't be much longer to go before a date is revealed.

They seem to be picking two episodes per season obviously more focused on Cory and Topanga. But I don't see them airing later season episodes considering some content issues they probably wouldn't want to put in prime-time.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I continue to be pumped for this show. Though, admittedly, I'm largely just going on faith that the writers know what they are doing. If this wasn't a sequel/spin-off to BMW, I probably wouldn't even take notice to it, but since it's both the literal and spirtiual successor of one of my favorite family sitcoms of all time, it's definitely going to be on my list of things to view as they air. I just hope it's not a major disappointment like that "other" spin-off show that we shall not mention on this thread.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not going to expect the moon on the first season, though. While I liked BMW season 1, it didn't compare to what came later, so I don't expect them to hit it out of the park on episode 1.

On the other hand, I expect to actually enjoy it. Disney Channel sitcoms are usually way too loud and abrasive for me to even watch when I'm bored, but BMW was much better about how they handled everything. Hopefully, the staff and cast keep on that track.

Avaitor

It's looking more like Good Luck Charlie than Shake It Up!

Which, from what I've seen of both, is the right direction.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

First poster:

It's not far off now.

LumRanmaYasha

I'm expecting a late summer/early fall premiere date.

Avaitor

New blog!

Avaitor

Friday, June 27, 9:45 PM.

Bam.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Great! Though 9:45 is a wired time slot to premiere a show at.

Avaitor

It's right after a new movie, so I think it's an okay fit.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Odd time for a premiere, but I'll take it.