"Thor: The Dark World" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, November 07, 2013, 09:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Spoiler
[close]

Release Date: November 8, 2013
Studio: Marvel Entertainment
Director: Alan Taylor
Aspect Ratio: 2.35 : 1
Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston

Plot Summary: Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

COMMENTS?

So I think this is better than the first, and I was a pretty big fan of that one. But hey, more Asgard, more action, some great stuff for fans, it fit the bill.

EDIT: I added a more suitable poster pic. ;) -- Foggle
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I'm going to see it this weekend; either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on what I have to get done. Glad to hear it's a solid flick, since I've been wanting to see a good fun movie on the big screen.  :)

Also, that poster.....  :lol:

Avaitor

Quote from: Homura Akemi on November 08, 2013, 10:25:09 AM
Watched it on Wednesday. I thought it was enjoyable, but I was disappointed with the villain. Christopher Eccelston was quite wasted in that role.
Yeah, I have to admit, he wasn't that exciting of a villain. Eccelston basically played a Borg.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

VLordGTZ

I just came back from watching it.  I didn't enjoy the first movie but I thought this one was pretty good.

LumRanmaYasha

Huh, since when have YOU seen the first Thor movie, Vlord.  :sly:

Anyway, I was planning to see it tomorrow, but I'm gonna go see The Wind Rises instead (because, y'know, I found the theater it's playing is 25 minutes WALKING DISTANCE from my dorm). I still plan to see Dark World, but now I think I'll just use that free movie ticket I've been saving to treat myself to it on my birthday.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just got back from seeing it. It's been getting some harsh reviews from critics, but I personally really enjoyed it. The villain was definitely pretty underrwhelming, but Loki made up for that by adding an interesting dynamic to the film. Also....

Spoiler
That scene that played in-between the end credits pretty much confirms that we will be getting an Infinity Gauntlet adaptation somewhere down the road.
[close]

Oh, and I just have to say that....

Spoiler
Loki mocking Thor in the form of Captain America is now the funniest moment that I've seen in any MCU movie, so far.
[close]

Avaitor

I added a poll in. While I do agree that Malekith was disappointingly underdeveloped (I hear that there are some useful deleted scenes for him, though) and also felt that the humor missed the mark in some places, I'm still satisfied overall.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, I liked it better than the first movie.

Spark Of Spirit

Saw it and liked it. Might be better than the first, but it was fun.

But the preview to Winter Soldier? That looks way better.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 15, 2013, 04:24:55 PMBut the preview to Winter Soldier? That looks way better.

This.

That trailer did not disappoint. Being that Captain America: The First Avenger is my favorite Marvel movie ever, I really have high hopes for its sequel, and it's what I've been waiting for the most since the end of phase 1 of The Avengers.

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, Captain America was my favorite too (that Loki moment was great), but the preview for CA2 looks like a worthy follow-up that I admit I was a little worried for. It looks like they'll keep the same tone of the first despite the obvious setting change.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was worried too, but the trailer reassured me that they are taking the movie in a suitable direction. It's the natural progression of Cap's character, as he still struggles to find his place in this new, modernized world that he's awoken into.

Also, speaking of trailers, I really dug the X-Men: Days of Future Past preview as well. It looks like next year's output from Marvel will be a step up from what they produced this year.

Daxdiv

Saw this at the new movie theater that opened up in that new shopping complex in my town. Overall was a pretty enjoyable film. Loki continues to be one of the best things about this.  Loved that bit with him where he transformed into Cap. That and him "betraying" Thor. Might have to rewatch Thor 1 again to compare them, but I think I found Thor 2 is a little bit more enjoyable. Also, kind of liked how they sandwiched 2 after credit scenes. One after the main staffers, then the one after that was interesting.

I got to the movie late, wasn't my plan since I wanted to see a later showing of it, but the person at the ticket booth did tell me that the earliest showing was still in the previews so I wouldn't be missing anything, so I saw the 1:30 showing rather than a 2:00 showing. Was able to see the Captain America 2 trailer and it does make me hyped for the next one, especially considering that Captain America was my favorite film leading up to the Avengers.

Dr. Insomniac

So who's ready for Thor 3: The Great Saiyaman?

gunswordfist

:D

Didn't know this movie had a thread.

I was confused at why Asgard became all Star Wars/Star Trek (I've only seen a few tv spots so I was genuinely surprised) but I was enjoying the movie and it was on its way to be liked by me more than Thor 1...but then the quality fell down after they left Asgard. I expected Thor to work much more with Loki, which was like the entire point of the movie but they had one battle together and then Loki is gone. Instead of getting to see the brothers work together, we get even more Kat Dennings than the first movie and Thor fights probably the most generic villain Marvel movies has had so far in a silly battle where they get teleported all over the place. Also, I was hoping for a lot more epic battles in Asgard. :blush:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody