Space Jam 2

Started by LumRanmaYasha, February 21, 2014, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

THIS IS ACTUALLY GOING TO BE A THING.

18 years later and they make a sequel to Space Jam. Wow. I'm morbidly curious to how this'll turn out....shame though that the Looney Tunes are forced into yet another (probably mediocre) live-action hybrid movie.  :imnothappy:

Spark Of Spirit

Who's getting the gasoline?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE JAM! COME ON AND SLAM, IF YOU WANNA JAM!!

Avaitor

There's a big appreciation for the original for whatever reason.

I can get behind a lot of nostalgic binges, but what on earth is there in this damn movie?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

I'm going to go ahead and say that the chances of this actually coming out are not that good at all, considering all those other supposed Looney Tunes projects that we have heard nothing about since their initial announcement(Speedy Gonzales starring George Lopez, The Bugs Bunny Movie, The Groundling's Looney Tunes film).  I just don't see it happening.

And yeah, of all the things internet nostalgists wet themselves over, I don't understand Space Jam.  It's just not a good movie whatever way you look at it, unless the only reason you watch it is for the animation(which admittedly is pretty good).  I get it, MJ was great, but why watch his terrible performance in this movie?  Likewise with the Looney Tunes characters.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

Oh, and apparently CBS is reporting it as fake, and Lebron's reps are denying it as well, so yeah it's already DOA.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

Aww. I was hoping Dennis Rodman would appear in order to appeal to the North Korean demographic.

Avaitor

I'm not surprised, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was real.

I just wonder what Ted Mosby would think about this movie. He still hasn't got over LeBron leaving, and neither has Cleveland.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 21, 2014, 09:34:27 PM
Aww. I was hoping Dennis Rodman would appear in order to appeal to the North Korean demographic.
I'm still curiously interested about the upcoming Mike Tyson cartoon, but I'd easily trade it for one about Rodman becoming a globetrotting peace solver.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Just think, it would have had 3D animation which completely destroys the one plus the original had!

Glad this is fake.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Huh. I probably should've known bet....nah, this was totally a thing I could've expected WB to do. I'm glad this is a hoax.

Dr. Insomniac

Once again, don't believe a movie will happen until the trailer premieres.

Lord Il

Space Jam robbed the dignity of my favorite Looney Toons characters. Robbed, I tells ya! It was a very contrived creation that shouldn't have been.

No-Personality

Quote from: Avaitor on February 21, 2014, 08:48:06 PMThere's a big appreciation for the original for whatever reason.

I can get behind a lot of nostalgic binges, but what on earth is there in this damn movie?
I haven't seen it since maybe 1997, on the bus during a class field trip... to a mall, by the way. Where I enjoyed it for the first time ever. But, people remember it as being just plain dumb fun. You don't have to think about it. We all have one of those movies. And thanks to the direction Hollywood has gone, Space Jam probably looks a lot better than Jumanji, Casper, Indian in the Cupboard, Power Rangers: The Movie, all the other stuff that came out around that time. Pre-Men in Black. Oh yeah, and, it's Men in Black that keeps reminding us of 90's blockbuster-centric nostalgia.

If there's one thing no one can argue it's that at least the film is more respectable than the live-action films made from Scooby Doo, Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Smurfs, Underdog, etc.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

I don't know about that, actually. At least in movies like Garfield and Scooby-Doo, the characters acted true to their original selves, as warped as they may seem. You can trade Bugs' dialogue in Space Jam to Daffy or Porky or any other character, and it wouldn't make any difference. Later films may have more of a penchant for potty humor, but even Space Jam had Porky piss himself.

One thing that seems to be what brings people back to Space Jam, at least from what I've noticed, is the soundtrack. Which even if a sequel does happen, there's no way they'd be able to replicate that.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Space Jam 2: Barkley Tendency