The Paranormal

Started by Commode, January 04, 2011, 01:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Well, it's approx. 1 O' clock in the morning for me right now and I should be sleeping, but for whatever reason I just plain can't.  So what else is there to do than look at random Wikipedia articles?  I was doing this such thing, when I came across an article for a 2006 UFO sighting at Chicago's O'Hare Airport(which kind of caught my interest, seeing as how I just flew out of and into it very recently).  There's a lot of compelling stuff here, and some links to things like videos that are rather convincing, and I am rather interested in this one.  Very eerie.

So, do you guys believe?  Is there something out there, or are we all alone in this great big universe?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I do believe. That's all I'll say on that matter, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Anything is possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's life out there. I know I'd be willing to figure out if there is.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I strongly believe that, at the very least, there exists other planets that have some forms of life of them, though most likely it would be microscopic, unicellular organisms, but I still believe that they exist outside of Earth. As for intelligent life, the Universe is massive, so there's certainly nothing at all to disprove that intelligent life does not exist outside of Earth, and to me it seems more unlikely that the Earth would be a one-of-a-kind planet that supports intelligent life while no other planet does, when the Earth is in fact far smaller than a grain of sand when compared to the entire scope of the Universe.

Yeah, sorry if that sounds corny, but I used to be big into Astronomy and the like. I originally wanted to pursue a career in Astronomy until I kind of basically got forced into Pharmacy.

talonmalon333

I do believe there's life out there, be it intelligent life or not. Also, let us not forget Gliese 581 g.

azureskies

I bet there is some life out there in the universe, whether like ours or not. If we can definitely find some, my life would be complete.

I don't really buy into UFO sightings though.

talonmalon333

Quote from: azureskies on January 05, 2011, 02:10:05 PM
I bet there is some life out there in the universe, whether like ours or not. If we can definitely find some, my life would be complete.

I don't really buy into UFO sightings though.

I'm not totally sure about UFOs. I feel that if they were real, they'd have come here by now. HOWEVER, some things that have been seen just seem highly illogical to be from our planet. For example, people see shapes with red or green lights, shapes that just float in place and then immediately vanish into a certain direction. I have trouble coming up with explanations to that stuff. :huh:

Angus

I like that Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files show where they try to recreate all those flying UFO stunts, some of which they did pretty well.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Veggie

There is no such thing as the paranormal or supernatural. Because if something exists, then it's very existence means it's "normal" or "natural". So if there are ghosts and UFOs and werewolves, they wouldn't be paranormal, just incredibly rare and/or hard to spot on our planet.

But, I dunno if I believe in it. I think if that stuff does exist, our ideas of what they are are waaay off.