Greatest Video Game Theme Ever Tournament

Started by gunswordfist, March 19, 2014, 09:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

I still think there are better versions of Bloody Tears than the one used in CV4. That said...

The Ultimate Dragon
Bloody Tears
No Mercy
Planet Wisp

gunswordfist

You should have said something, dumbass. I even said you could nominate the CV2 version.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 20, 2014, 05:12:17 PM
You should have said something, dumbass. I even said you could nominate the CV2 version.

You nominated the CV4 version, not me. I actually did nominate the original, but deleted it because I thought we were better off with only one version.

I wasn't complaining anyway. Just stating a minor opinion. I'd have voted it #2 no matter what version you were using here. :thinkin:

gunswordfist

Cool but if told me about a better version earlier, I would have listened to it and would have changed my nomination to that one if I enjoyed it more myself. :thinkin:

talonmalon333

I would've thought you'd be familiar with the original version, enough for me to just kind of assume you preferred the CV4 one. :P

gunswordfist

I've barely played 4's first level, none of 2, never beat one. I thought I made it clear that I'm a Sega over Nintendo fanboy. :bleh: In fact, I just found Bloody Tears by looking up video game music on youtube.

Spark Of Spirit

1. Sonic Colors "Planet Wisp Act 1"
One of the best Sonic tunes.

2. Castlevania 4 - Bloody Tears
The version from Adventure Rebirth is one of my favorites, but this is a pretty classic tune. If Simon ever got into Smash, this would be the theme to use, I'm sure.

3. No Mercy (Guilty Gear X)
Now this is brawling music! Ishiwatari makes some rockin' tunes and this is no exception.

4. The Ultimate Dragon (Dragon Seeds)
Not bad, but a bit subdued for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

1. Sonic Colors - Planet Wisp Act 1
2. Castlevania 4 - Bloody Tears
3. Dragon Seeds - The Ultimate Dragon
4. Guilty Gear X - No Mercy

Rynnec

Planet Wisp Act 1 - Became my favorite track in Sonic Colours the second I heard it
No Mercy - What Spark said
Bloody Tears - while this version isn't as great as other versions out there, it's still a classic videogame theme.
The Ultimate Dragon - Catchy, atmospheric, and somewhat unique.

gunswordfist

And that's everyone that voted from last time. I'll just wrap this up now:

The Ultimate Dragon (Dragon Seeds): 12
Super Nintendo - Castlevania 4 - Bloody Tears - 22
No Mercy (Guilty Gear X) - 13
Sonic Colors "Planet Wisp Act 1" Music - 23

Planet Wisp Act 1 and Bloody Tears advance to the next round!

Round 1
Match #3

1. Streets of Rage Remake V5 - Music: The Last Soul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LbRTwS0rk
2. Elesa's Gym Theme (Pokemon Black and White 2) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPIxu4tTrA
3. Ninja Gaiden 2 OST - The Hero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnyDgQMDx0
4. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Busted Bayou http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HuSMQSUVo

gunswordfist

Two tracks might be my favorite from their respective game. The Hero easily my favorite from NGII and the Last Soul just might be my favorite from my favorite beat em up and even then I clearly love The Last Soul more than The Hero. And a Donkey Kong tune finally shows up in a round! This is going to be a good match. :)

VLordGTZ

The Last Soul
Busted Bayou
The Hero
Elesa's Gym Theme

Spark Of Spirit

Make sure you listen until the sax comes in in Busted Bayou. Then it REALLY gets awesome.

I'll make my votes in a bit.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

The Last Soul - Damn, I'm relistening to it now and within the first few seconds I already knew it would beat out The Hero in the relisten war so I just went ahead and wrote it above it. Make no illusions, I probably want this to be in the final four. This is God level music.
The Hero - ensatsuken, a butt load of ninjas! He gets what I'm saying. :D My favorite theme out of the entire NG series, methinks. This fight music is so cool.  ;D
Busted Bayou - Decent beat.
Elesa - I feel sorry for whoever nominated this. It gets kind of catchy around the last minute or so but it gets absolutely trucked here.

Spark, I listened to the whole thing. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

1. Streets of Rage Remake V5 - The Last Soul
Streets of Rage is always gonna be hard to top.

2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Busted Bayou
David Wise is back, and he's brought the kitchen sink with him!

3. Ninja Gaiden 2 OST - The Hero
Bad things are coming! Run! Tough guy music, through and through.

4. Elesa's Gym Theme (Pokemon Black and White 2)
Nice beat, but it was up against the above.

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 20, 2014, 08:14:01 PMSpark, I listened to the whole thing. ;)
That's all I ask.