The Greatest Anime Opening Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, May 01, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

*Gon Freecs voice*YAH-TAH! I'm so happy I made it in time. I sat around longer than I'm willing to admit for a tie breaker.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

I'm sorry GSF, but you have to actually change your votes in order to affect which opening moves on. Just supporting "Tank!" will not do anything in your case, since you put "Tank!" first in the first place. Hence, your post is invalid.

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What was that you said about Tank! earlier GSF?

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 18, 2014, 01:07:05 PMAnd that seals the deal, folks. ;D

Yeah, nice call, there....:humhumhum:

gunswordfist

Who cares? I get to take out a threat and Driver will never advance again. ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Right, because all of that talk about not wanting Tank! to be another casualty was because you secretly didn't give a crap about it. :D

Anyways, I'm down with Driver's High moving on. I like Tank! but it's about time that a more unique and interesting opening gets some recognition.

gunswordfist

Once I think about it with Tank out of the way, what I want to win will be guaranteed to win. ;D

Spark Of Spirit

Cool, this competition got more interesting with the obvious winner out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Inkwolf

Maybe in the case of a tie, they should all move on. XD

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Cowboy Bebop is always the obvious winner.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 18, 2014, 07:39:00 PM
One less vote and Tank would not have even tied to move on, and Cowboy Bebop has never won an anime tournament on this forum before.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 18, 2014, 07:39:00 PM

On every other board except this one, maybe. Here the obvious winner is and was always "Smile Bomb." Failing that, it'll be "You wa Shock." Watch and see. :humhumhum:

Anyway, "Driver's High" moves on. Let's continue, shall we?

Quarter-Finals: Match 2

1. "Departure (version 1)" (Hunter X Hunter 2011) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1YHr_CUiJ8
2. "Stand Proud" (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCcmjaCL_c
3. "Dancing Star" (Urusei Yatsura) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5gi9PH7j0

My Picks:

"Dancing Star" - AKA the opening everyone else will put last! For me, this is such a fun, simple opening with a good motif and beat to it. It's definitely up there as one of the best songs from the series, and of course one of the best openings from it as well.
"Stand Proud" - WHERE'S IGGY? But seriously, this is an awesome JoJo's opening, perfect for this part of the series.
"Departure (version 1)" - Admittedly not my favorite version of "Departure," but it's a good opening all the same.

Spark Of Spirit

I was talking more generally than here, but whatever.

I'll skip this round.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on July 18, 2014, 07:54:16 PM
One less vote and Tank would not have even tied to move on, and Cowboy Bebop has never won an anime tournament on this forum before.

Hmm? That's not true; it won the very last one that was done.