The Greatest Anime Opening Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, May 01, 2014, 07:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Ok, I rewatched Ghost Sweeper and edited my picks to what I really would rank them. I put Freckles last because I assumed everyone else would put that as no. 1. I like Freckles put it's strictly 7 out of 10 for me. I also like the Ghost Sweeper OP so it's not too far from that for me.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

1. "Ghost Sweeper" (Ghost Sweeper Mikami) - 10
2. "Theme from Lupin III '79" (Lupin the Third Part 2) - 17
3. "Freckles" (Rurouni Kenshin) - 9

"Theme from Lupin III '79" moves on to round 5.

Quarter-Finals: Match 6

1. "Rock the Planet" (Urusei Yatsura) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s71DYsMhPq8
2. "Wild Challenger" (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx-9zJ3UpvQ
3. "Smile Bomb" (Yu Yu Hakusho) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUW2hRQkegM

My Picks:

"Smile Bomb" - One of my top favorites.
"Rock the Planet" - A unique and kickass UY opening.
"Wild Challenger" - Energetic and wild, apt for the show.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Same as CX.

If somehow Smile Bomb manages to win this competition, I'll laugh. It would mark the 3rd time that YYH has won a tournament like this.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, with "You wa Shock" and "Tank" dead,"Smile Bomb's" chances of winning are pretty high.  :D

VLordGTZ

The Shadow Gentleman

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 21, 2014, 10:55:37 AM
Same as CX.

If somehow Smile Bomb manages to win this competition, I'll laugh. It would mark the 3rd time that YYH has won a tournament like this.
Somehow? At worse it has a 50/50 chance of winning. Besides best anime, what else did YYH win here?

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 21, 2014, 11:38:05 AM
Besides best anime, what else did YYH win here?

It also won the Greatest Animated Series competition.

gunswordfist

I didn't really pay attention to You Wa Shock losing. I had to go back and check. That sucks. Smile Bomb has already won then, screw 50/50.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I guess YYH really is the best anime ever. Since it's also my personal favorite, that means my opinion is better than everyone else's.[/logic] :>

Inkwolf

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Inkwolf on July 21, 2014, 02:37:33 PM
Opposite of everyone!  :sweat:

I consider this blasphemy. I will unleash my vengeance upon you when you least expect it....:devil:

LumRanmaYasha

Vengeance? Smile Bomb is in no danger of losing, so you have need for retribution.  :humhumhum:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 21, 2014, 02:44:38 PM
Vengeance? Smile Bomb is in no danger of losing, so you have need for retribution.  :humhumhum:

It does no good to allow blasphemous opinions to linger. It may influence others. How naive of you, Cartoon X. :thinkin:

gunswordfist

No one's going to lose their love of Smile Bomb. :bleh: