"Guardians of the Galaxy" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, August 06, 2014, 06:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Il

Saw this last weekend. It's a very enjoyable movie that everyone should check out at some point. It may even tug at the heart strings just a little.
I've never read the pages of the comic books to do any comparing, but I have to say that this is a solid movie all by itself. A fun choice of casting the characters as they did.

Spoiler for end of credits footage
You suppose Marvel is going to gamble with making another Howard the Duck movie? I recall their first attempt as being a big budget flop at the box office.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

I believe that scene was just a nod for the fans. A way to squeeze in characters that wouldn't otherwise get movies of their own.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've never read a Howard the Duck comic in my life, but to be fair I'd give the comic book the benefit of the doubt if only because Lucas has a profound gift for being able to royally fuck-up a good thing. So, a film without his involvement always has a better chance of success by default.

Avaitor

I've read a couple of the original comics, and they are pretty funny.

The movie is fun as well, in a bad movie way.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's especially hilarious when you see the tone of that guy's post that he's mocking. Is Zac just trying really hard to be the world's biggest douche-bag, or does that just come naturally to him.

And you've just gotta love how somehow all of the commenters are missing the point of that post and so show bringing it back to the one scene where Drax calls Gamora a whore, even though it was a joke scene and Gamora lashed out at him for it, however according to Zack and JO that automatically makes the film sexist.

Fuck those two and their mindless followers.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

These people act like anyone who enjoys this movie is sexist by extension, despite the movie clearly not being the least bit sexist. However here they are mocking autistic people. What horrible, horrible people.

Avaitor

Why are we still acknowledging the existence of these losers?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Because understanding them is the way to make sure we don't become like them. And it's interesting to have a contrasting opinion of the movie, even if it is uninformed.

The Shadow Gentleman

LumRanmaYasha

Wow, it looks great! I hope the writing is just as good, though I have my expectations tempered considering Marvel's TV output these days.

Foggle

The animation and artwork look nice, but if it's by Man Of Action it'll undoubtedly be a piece of shit.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As long as Jeph Loeb is in charge of Marvel's animation studio, I don't trust anything that they put out to be quality. I want to believe that they can make a great GOTG animated series, but what has Marvel done to prove to is that they are capable of it? The Spectacular Spider-Man bad great AND had the ratings to back it. But, nope, that had to be cancelled for USM, which the last time I checked, did not have as favorable ratings, even among it's targeted age demographic. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes continued for a while, and was loved by many fans. So, naturally, it had to go for a newer, edgier Avengers cartoon, which last time I checked, no one likes. I learned my lesson at that point, and didn't even bother checking out Agents of SMASH. I have no faith any animated series from Marvel, anymore.

Too bad. That test footage looked like it had merit to it, but probably because there was little to no actual writing to get in the way of anything other than a suitable one-liner from Star Lord (and thus, there was no bad writing to pull the quality down).

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

His performance as Deadpool in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon was, bar none, the worst rendition I've ever seen of the character. Of course, that could have been more due to the writing and directing than him, but... oh wait, this is by Man Of Action too. :burn: