Cinemassacre's Monster Madness

Started by Daikun, September 23, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Kind of silly that they are complaining so much about Juno being killed at the end by Sarah not making sense, yet somehow missed the huge plot-point of Beth revealing that Juno had been having an affair with Sarah's husband, to which she gives her the necklace to prove it. That, combined with the fact that Juno had abandoned her during her grieving period, finding out that she left Beth for dead (accident or not), and that she had gone mad from being trapped in the caves for so long (which was completely Juno's fault, to begin with), all added up to making her killing Juno a pretty obvious outcome.

I don't mind them criticizing a movie, but it kind of bugs me when that criticism deals with not actually paying attention to pretty big plot points.

I also notice that they complained about the movie being too slow in the beginning, but just like with The Omen, that comes off more to me as character building rather than just rushing into the horror without giving you time to invest yourself in any of the leads.

As a side note, I just wanted to point out that the director of this film, Neil Marshall, also directed two of the best Game of Thrones episodes: Blackwater and The Watchers on the Wall.

gunswordfist

:thinkin:Hmmm, makes me want to rewatch The Descent. All I remembered was in cave bickering and some monsters when I watched it
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Daikun

Avaitor

I haven't had the chance to check this year's videos out, besides the first.

I LOVE this movie, though!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

He doesn't want to watch a movie he thinks looks bad.

What a monster.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's the Internet for you. People bitch and moan about how they hate the new trailer. Someone says that he doesn't want to see the movie because it looks bad from the trailer, and everyone bitches and moans about that.

Sense? What's that?

Spark Of Spirit

Which is also funny since it's been confirmed from the leaked Sony e-mails and early impressions that it's more or less a disaster.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that someone wouldn't want to see a bad looking movie because it looks bad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Exactly the same reason why I skipped Fant4stic and Terminator: Genisys last year. Or was I supposed to see those just because they happened to be branded under the same name as better stuff, regardless of the films themselves looking like garbage?

Dr. Insomniac

Guys, it's very simple. You just have to buy over a dozen tickets for the new Ghostbusters, or the internet will deem you sexist and lesser than them. It doesn't matter if you're disinterested or wanted to go see something else. You have to be there by opening day so you can tell your grandchildren that you were on the right side of history.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I payed money to see The Descent in theaters about a decade ago and that had an all female cast (except for, like, one guy who dies in the first scene), so by Internet standards that means I was being anti-sexist way before it was cool. I believe that makes me immune from the sexist label for life.

Foggle

There are plenty of people who hate this movie preemptively because they are sexist, but nothing in James' video or overall body of work indicates that he would be one of them. Why the fuck do people care so much about how he doesn't want to watch a film that looks bad? Shit, I remember seeing a fair amount of the folks responding to the tweet Insomniac linked saying they had no interest in the movie because of its awful trailer. Yay, unfunny white comedians and a tired caricature of a black woman in an unnecessary male-directed-and-co-written remake of a B movie from the 80's - so feminist! :-\ The only new ground broken by this picture is in seeing how deep into their vaults Hollywood can dig when trying to develop another money pit cinematic universe.