Lupin III Blue Jacket next spring

Started by goody2shoes, October 14, 2014, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

It's just too bad that their japanese language broadcast doesn't come with the japanese OP/ED too. :-X

The Italian dub itself ain't too shabby, though. Voice-wise, the only one I wasn't big on was Fujiko's, which sounded much too deep. The rest were pretty spot-on.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

How many of you already knew all of this?

https://youtu.be/GWrvYVuhj_U

I actually never knew that Steven Spielberg was a fan of Castle of Cagliostro, or that Inspector Gadget basically owes its very existence to Lupin III.

Spark Of Spirit

The VHS version of the movie I owned had a quote from Spielberg on the cover. Which is apt, because Cagliostro is exactly the type of movie he could have made but didn't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, at least he did finally get to make a great animated adventure movie like he always wanted to, a few years ago.

It may not be Lupin, but it "sort of" has some elements of a heist movie in it.

gunswordfist

I knew about Inspector Gadget but I had no clue Spielberg even knew what Lupin was.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Good rendition. I'm relieved that we don't have a bad pop song like the italian version, but the classic Lupin theme and a stylish opening highlighting the iconic characters. That's how it should be.

Foggle

Is this Discotek's doing? If so, they're on fucking point. Just too bad they couldn't get this cast for Gravestone.

VLordGTZ

Considering that Discotek hasn't mentioned anything about acquiring Part IV yet, I think this might be being produced by TMS themselves (though, I'm sure Discotek will pick up the home media rights).  Regardless, whoever is responsible made a great decision by having Epcar direct and bringing the old cast back together. 

Foggle

That's great! I'm so happy TMS is willing to support Lupin overseas. :)

VLordGTZ