E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Here's our yearly E3 thread, primed and ready to go. It's going to be hard for this year to match some of the releases we got last year, but I'm hoping we come close.

Just like last year there will be the usual press conferences from Sony and Microsoft, not to mention Nintendo's online direct, Ubisoft's carnival of cringe, and EA's hope you like paying us full price for add-on packs every year on stage commercial conference. What is always more interesting is what is shown on the floor.

Does anyone have any hopes and dreams as to what will be announced?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I want to learn more about Devil's Third, Scalebound, Star Fox, Zelda, and Quantum Break. And that's pretty much it. I've been really out of touch with the mainstream gaming loop in the past few years, so I don't have any particular interests there, at the moment.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm hoping for a Yoshi's Woolly World official release date. Those in the UK will be playing it by next month but no one else has a release date yet. Kinda annoying.

As for new announcements, well, there are a lot of longshots. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door sequel (and/or 3DS port of TTYD), a reveal trailer as to what Retro's been working on (I so hope it's DK), and Next Level's new game. Otherwise I'm going in with no real expectations or anything of new stuff.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

All I care about is Ratchet & Clank PS4 footage (six months overdue!) and the rumored Banjo-Kazooie announcement. Oh, and US release dates for Yakuza 5, Fatal Frame 5, and Persona 5. Lotta' fives. A reveal of Yoko Taro's new game would also be swell, but there's almost no way that would happen at E3. Half-Life 3?

Spark Of Spirit

Valve doesn't make games anymore.

I'm certainly going to be surprised if they announce a new Banjo game after members recently left to join Playtonic little more than a year ago in order to make a 3D platformer. You'd figure someone would have told them.

gunswordfist

I want to see New Hitman, the New Rivercity Ransom, the Saint Seiya game and Street Fighter V.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I'm hoping to see Mario's successor to Galaxy. It's about time.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 19, 2015, 12:48:14 AM

I'm certainly going to be surprised if they announce a new Banjo game after members recently left to join Playtonic little more than a year ago in order to make a 3D platformer. You'd figure someone would have told them.

And why would we even care? Rare fans have moved onto PlayTonic. :P

Foggle

:'(

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 19, 2015, 04:59:35 AM
New Hitman
This too!

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 19, 2015, 09:57:17 AM
And why would we even care? Rare fans have moved onto PlayTonic. :P
Eh, there are still some fairly talented people at Rare. If given enough autonomy, they could probably make a good Banjo game. I will always get excited for 3D platformers.

Speaking of Microsoft games, I hope they announce a PC port of Sunset Overdrive at E3!

gunswordfist

The more stealth, the better!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on May 19, 2015, 01:25:32 PM
:'(

Well, it's true. They're too busy making DOTA 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive their big D I G I T A L  S P O R T S! They did announce having 4 big Dota 2 tournaments a year that are sanctioned by Valve, called the Dota Major Championships, other tournaments have always been more free range with Valve only hosting the International.  I just want Source 2 to come out.

Also, I can't wait for Nintendo to unveil another new IP at E3. I like it when they do something new, yet people complain they just shit out Mario and co. :/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 19, 2015, 04:41:24 PMAlso, I can't wait for Nintendo to unveil another new IP at E3. I like it when they do something new, yet people complain they just shit out Mario and co. :/
Like Splatoon? I remember all the whining about that one. Oh, and how Wonderful 101 didn't count because it was A) obviously terrible and B) made by Platinum so it doesn't count. Then there was SMG2 being announced and everyone thinking they were out of ideas.

I've suspected long ago that gmers simply don't know what they want from Nintendo.

Just imagine what will happen if DKCR3 is announced.

Foggle

Splatoon doesn't interest me at all (I stopped caring about online shooters years ago), but the whining about it was ridiculous. People just shit on Nintendo these days because they think it's "cool" to.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 19, 2015, 04:50:07 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on May 19, 2015, 04:41:24 PMAlso, I can't wait for Nintendo to unveil another new IP at E3. I like it when they do something new, yet people complain they just shit out Mario and co. :/
Like Splatoon? I remember all the whining about that one. Oh, and how Wonderful 101 didn't count because it was A) obviously terrible and B) made by Platinum so it doesn't count. Then there was SMG2 being announced and everyone thinking they were out of ideas.

I've suspected long ago that gmers simply don't know what they want from Nintendo.

Just imagine what will happen if DKCR3 is announced.

"I hate Code Name S.T.E.A.M's art style" I remember that being a complaint when the game was revealed at E3. Heaven forbid they don't anime it up. It's like people look for the most minimal thing and make a huge hoopla over it to discredit an attempt at making something new.

Spark Of Spirit

Codename Steam was another one. I remember right before it was about to get released, all the review threads were peppered with people looking for excuses not to buy it. "It looks too slow", "the story seems stupid", "eww, that art style!", "they wasted their time on this instead of a new Fire Emblem?" and so on. I even remember the whole wait between turns thing being such a major source of "Preorder Canceled" (Nobody ever does this, though. It's just a way to sound important.) and yet when Nintendo patched it I didn't see one person say they would buy it.

Really don't get why people have to find reasons to not like something. I mean, really, it's a strategy-RPG. You already know if it's up your alley or not just from that.

But what it comes down to is: "Sure it's a new IP but it's not *Insert stupidly specific description that would never happen by anything but coincidence* so I'll just go buy the new CoD instead."

gunswordfist

I don't get why Platinum gets hated at all. Gamers would have slobbered all over anything they made during the PS2/Dreamcast era.