E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2015, 08:55:37 PM
Sony literally just won E3 for the rest of eternity.

Shenmue 3
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
The Last Guardian

All they need now is Half-Life 3 and this will literally be the E3 of legend.
And announce Max Payne 4 and JoJo Part 4.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

No Half-Life 3, but they didn't need it. Sony won E3. I don't see what Nintendo can do to top them.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 15, 2015, 09:49:01 PM
No Half-Life 3, but they didn't need it. Sony won E3. I don't see what Nintendo can do to top them.

EDIT: Sony gets an A+ for announcements but a B for actual gameplay. If they could have shown footage of Shenmue 3, Hitman and Final Fantasy VII, they would have won.

Nel_Annette

I sincerely wish I cared about Final Fantasy VII as much as everybody else.

gunswordfist

I played little to known of it but I'm a sucker for PS1 style JRPGs. Probably my favorite JRPG type. Either that or 16 bit.

Foggle

Look! Gaspar! With Into The Nexus' jetpack! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJEa6TnA824

Also, don't worry about the button prompts. Insomniac has confirmed that they only appear on Easy mode.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 15, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
Same. :(

Spark Of Spirit

Where's the old music? Gaspar might have had the best music in the original. Nonetheless, it looks great. Like ACiT meets the original game. Definitely want to play it.

Still the best upcoming PS4 game.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 15, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
I can't lie, I'm annoyed Square has completely skipped V and VI for the remake treatment. V could REALLY use it, and VI sincerely deserves the attention. But I-IV get remakes (IV gets two and a sequel!) and we have skipped to VII. Lame.

Also, Shenmue 3 has made a million already. Halfway to its goal.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 15, 2015, 11:00:04 PM
Where's the old music? Gaspar might have had the best music in the original.
I know. :'( It seems Insomniac is determined to never bring back the funk (outside of the Groovitron), despite the fanbase repeatedly calling for it. Oh well.

Nel_Annette

By the time I got to FF7, the overhype combined with that old Lego-look just killed it for me. I don't think I made it more than two hours in. I've also played Crisis Core but didn't find it very interesting gameplay-wise, plus witrhout the context of playing the base game, everything was just lost on me.

Still going to give this remake a go, though. It's probably going to be awesome; I just don't have the nostalgia boner a lot of my friends are getting over the announcement.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2015, 08:55:37 PM
Sony literally just won E3 for the rest of eternity.

Shenmue 3
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
The Last Guardian

All they need now is Half-Life 3 and this will literally be the E3 of legend.

That is beautiful. Well done.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 15, 2015, 11:00:04 PMI can't lie, I'm annoyed Square has completely skipped V and VI for the remake treatment. V could REALLY use it, and VI sincerely deserves the attention. But I-IV get remakes (IV gets two and a sequel!) and we have skipped to VII. Lame.

Why would VI need a remake? It's held up perfectly, certainly more than VII.

Spark Of Spirit

For the attention. It already gets little to no notice by modern Square fans and the general public knows nothing about it because of all this VII focus the series has.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Fanboys have been *loudly* clamoring for an FF7 remake for over a decade now. This is likely being made to shut them up more than anything.

talonmalon333

I just think VII is one of the only games in the series that could truly benefit from being updated.

gunswordfist

Meh, people's hype doesn't effect me negatively.

I assumed all pre-VII games got remade, if not multiple remakes.

Spark Of Spirit

Star Fox Zero officially shown: Looks like a proper sequel to Star Fox 64