E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 16, 2015, 01:08:05 PM
Yeah, Square destroyed everyone else. Wow.
Let's see if this last announcement can pour salt and everyone's wounds.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Not sure why this wasn't in the direct, but it's officially out this Fall.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2015, 01:18:20 PM
Not sure why this wasn't in the direct, but it's officially out this Fall.
Yay! :joy:

Still so happy about Nier 2 by Platinum Games. Fucking how.

Avaitor

It feels kind of weird to not care a lick about Kingdom Hearts, and see that more than anything else on your social media feed.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

This feels odd for me to say, but I was more interested in seeing Final Fantasy XV more than anything Square showed. It's been a long time since a new FF game has looked so good.

As for KH, I never played beyond the first game. The series just doesn't do it for me. Would have much rathered had Chip n Dale Remastered announced. Why Disney keeps sleeping on easy money, I have no idea.

Spark Of Spirit

Federation Force looks like a fun co-op game.

Not really Metroid, though. But Next Level is making it, so it should be fun.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2015, 03:25:22 PM
Federation Force looks like a fun co-op game.

Not really Metroid, though. But Next Level is making it, so it should be fun.
Hmm, Next Level. Should be good then! I bet this is another case like Wonderful 101 where I absolutely detest the initial showing but end up really enjoying the finished product. :)

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2015, 03:08:29 PM
This feels odd for me to say, but I was more interested in seeing Final Fantasy XV more than anything Square showed. It's been a long time since a new FF game has looked so good.
I would say the same, but man, Nier 2 by Platinum Games! I'm still in shock about that announcement. Wow.

All the Square Enix games looked good to me except that mobile shit. The Deus Ex writing was kind of cringe-worthy, though. Comparisons to apartheid are always blatant, stupid, and tactless.

Spark Of Spirit

E3 promo on amazon here is a 30% off for three game code or 20% for two. So I preordered Star Fox Zero, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, and Triforce Heroes, and got a nice chunk off.

Was considering Ratchet, but it's already $39. Might as well just wait for that to come out and buy it in store.

Spark Of Spirit

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam footage

It's definitely a Mario & Luigi game, but with some cool Paper Mario moves and motifs. RPG battles and leveling are both present. Also, that music is crazy good.

Boy, I hope the villain is Paper Fawful. That would be so amazing.

Star Fox Zero presentation with Platinum shows some good gameplay in the Landmaster.

gunswordfist

I just finished watching Rare Replay and Sea Of Thieves. It looks like Rare is on the right path. There's no chance that they'll release a port to Jet Force Gemini, right?
EDIT: Holy shit, nevermind! I saw Jet Force Gemini on the bottom left.  ;D ;D ;D ;D I wonder which Battletoads games are in it. Either way, this is now a must buy!
EDIT: YES!!! Battletoads Arcade is in it. It's not perfect but it's the only BT game I can actually beat and 3 player mode will finally get played by me. All of that and a Killer Instinct game has me more than sold. I'm geeking out.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched the Halo 5 gameplay footage from E3, and it basically looks like what I expected: a generic movie-shooter. To be fair, I could be wrong, but it just looks so uninteresting to me, and I'm actually a fan of Halo to some degree, so that's a bad sign.

I don't give a shit how rough it looks, but I'd take Devil's Third over this or Black Ops 3 any day (as well as Splatoon, for that matter).

Overall, I'm really bummed out about how most of the series and franchises that I used to love are basically either forgotten or a complete joke, now.

Spark Of Spirit

By the way, is it true that Halo 5 has no split screen co-op? That's insane if true.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm pretty sure that Halo 4 already started (or rather ended) that trend for the series, but to be fair I never played it on co-op, so I could be wrong.

At any rate, I just don't care anymore. Modern gaming in general has largely moved in a direction that just doesn't interest me, Platinum Games and Nintendo aside.

When I finally get back into gaming, I'll be looking backward at older stuff that I need to get around to, rather than forward.