E3 2015

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Reading the comments, it sounds like he's saying that he'll be sure Devil's Third gets some proper promotion and a US release. :)

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

He lives off the tears of Metroid fans. A man after my own heart.

Anyway, we got Earthbound Beginnings released for the VC because Earthbound did incredibly well for them. To say Mother 3 isn't a definite possibility at this point would be an understatement.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Metroid is still my favorite Nintendo franchise, but the fans are crazy. :shit:

Foggle

So it's rumored that Fatal Frame 5 will be digital only, thus suffering the same fate as Yakuza 5. I'm glad Nintendo and Sony understand that people want these games, but would it kill them to let us own the physical media? All the previous games got a retail release. Ugh. And if NoE decides to do a disc-based version, I can't even import because the Wii U is region-locked. Double ugh.

I hope this shit doesn't happen to Devil's Third, or Yakuza 0 if it ever gets localized. But it probably will.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I suppose that the Wii-U isn't friendly to imports, either.

I guess it makes more business sense since these games aren't expected to sell that well and it saves them the publishing costs of having to print hundreds of thousands of discs and still not even come close to selling out. Still, I always prefer to own a physical copy of a game.

Foggle

The biggest problem is that Fatal Frame 5 is 16GB. The Wii U's hard drive is 32. ...Yeah.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 23, 2015, 01:55:28 PM
Nope. The original DS and various Game Boys were, but Nintendo has since decided that no one would ever want to import a game for any reason. My favorite thing about Sony's consoles beginning with the PSP is how they support discs from other regions.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 23, 2015, 02:01:59 PM
The biggest problem is that Fatal Frame 5 is 16GB. The Wii U's hard drive is 32. ...Yeah.
My Wii U is 1 TB.  :P

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 23, 2015, 01:55:28 PM
Nope. The original DS and various Game Boys were, but Nintendo has since decided that no one would ever want to import a game for any reason. My favorite thing about Sony's consoles beginning with the PSP is how they support discs from other regions.
[/quote]Yep, region locking is slowly dying off. Nintendo has been in discussions about it for awhile, so they would be silly to keep it for their next system. There's no benefit to it and they know it.

Now if Sony added BC to the PS4, they would have even more of my attention.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 23, 2015, 05:54:22 PM
Did you install a new hard drive? I didn't even think you could.

QuoteYep, region locking is slowly dying off. Nintendo has been in discussions about it for awhile, so they would be silly to keep it for their next system. There's no benefit to it and they know it.

Now if Sony added BC to the PS4, they would have even more of my attention.
I don't get why they brought it back for the 3DS, then. As far as I'm aware, Nintendo actually did region free before any other company, even though they never went all the way to having it on their home consoles.

I would rather have a region free console than a backwards compatible one, but the fact that the Wii U can play both Wii and GameCube games (with modding and access to an original Wii, mind you), along with all the VC stuff, is mind-blowing. That said, it's been three months now... where's my Zero Mission? >:(

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still disappointed no Gamecube VC was announced. No idea why Nintendo is so lax on that service when the Wii one was a system seller.

Quote from: Foggle on June 23, 2015, 07:26:38 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 23, 2015, 05:54:22 PM
Did you install a new hard drive? I didn't even think you could.
You sure can. Something I wish I could have done with my 360.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 23, 2015, 07:31:42 PM
I'm still disappointed no Gamecube VC was announced. No idea why Nintendo is so lax on that service when the Wii one was a system seller.
While there's no VC, Nintendont works extremely well for unofficial BC if you don't mind soft-modding your console. You can play all your GC games in 1080p without even needing the discs! Works just as well as VC does, and you won't even need to re-buy any of them. :)

QuoteYou sure can. Something I wish I could have done with my 360.
Oh, cool! I installed a new hard drive in my PS3 last year, and didn't even know it was possible until the week I did it. The old one was going bad, and it cleared my issues right up.

talonmalon333

It would've been best if the Wii U was just backwards compatible with both the Wii and GameCube.

Foggle

Quote from: http://gonintendo.com/stories/237167-nintendo-had-nothing-to-say-on-devil-s-third-at-e3-2015Coming from Charlie Scibetta, Nintendo of America's Senior Director of Corporate Communications...

"I don't have anything for you on Devil's Third. Sorry."

Welp.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, on top of being destined to bomb hard, the fact that it probably won't even get a NA release probably crushes its chances at even managing to develop a dedicated cult following to keep the MP active. I feel really bad for Itagaki and VGS.