Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

It still bothers me that they ended the series on an unsolved cliffhanger. I mean, if NBC can afford to keep zombie Office going for years and years after its "best by" date, why couldn't they have at least given Earl a courtesy final season to wrap things up? At least they didn't make that same mistake twice with Chuck, but still.

Spark Of Spirit

I think it was intentional. My friend begged me to watch it so I did.

Basically that the story really isn't ever going to end, Earl's quest for peace is eternal!  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I think on that show Raising Hope, they made a reference to Earl's quest being over or that he at least finished his list. There was a line in the pilot that went "In lighter news, a small-time crook with a long list of wrongs he was making amends for has finally finished, and you?ll never guess how it ended..."

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 29, 2012, 11:40:36 PM
I think on that show Raising Hope, they made a reference to Earl's quest being over or that he at least finished his list. There was a line in the pilot that went "In lighter news, a small-time crook with a long list of wrongs he was making amends for has finally finished, and you?ll never guess how it ended..."
Yeah, the list was might be done, but that his eternal peace wouldn't be achieved with just that. It was basically one chapter of his life, the story is ongoing. I don't really think a "proper" finale would have worked with this show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 29, 2012, 11:40:36 PM

Raising Hope was created by the same guy who also made Earl (Greg Thomas Garcia), so it only makes sense that he would throw in a clever reference to his former series in there.

Dr. Insomniac

My inexplicable search for J-dramas has led me to such shows as Nobuta wo Produce and Gokusen. And then there are some K-Dramas one of my friends recommended.

Dr. Insomniac

So Sherlock's back on, dashing as ever.

Angus

"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

BBCA's been rerunning Battlestar Galactica, so it's been fun going back to those A-shaped halls.

Foggle

I like to pretend that the series got cancelled after Exodus, Part 2. It'd still be my favorite TV show of all time if that were the case.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2012, 04:41:08 PM
I like to pretend that the series got cancelled after Exodus, Part 2. It'd still be my favorite TV show of all time if that were the case.
Eh, a crappy ending's better than no ending.

Foggle

It's not the ending itself so much as the build up to it. Foreshadowing is literally discarded due to the writers having no idea where to take the story. The reveal of the Final Five Cylons is stupid and their actual identities are stupider. Etc.

Dr. Insomniac

A handful of characters, three of which nobody gave a fuck about, find out their true identity to the tune of a Bob Dylan song. :whuh:

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 11, 2012, 06:09:03 PM
A handful of characters, three of which nobody gave a fuck about, find out their true identity to the tune of a Bob Dylan song. :whuh:
And one of which being my second favorite character after Baltar... :-X

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2012, 06:10:51 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 11, 2012, 06:09:03 PM
And one of which being my second favorite character after Baltar... :-X
Eh, at least my favorite character didn't turn out to be a Cylon.