Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 18, 2013, 01:34:05 AM
Do you have to throw DMC into every conversation these days? :D

Do you have to keep responding to posts that people made over a month ago, these days? :sly:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 18, 2013, 02:19:43 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on August 18, 2013, 01:34:05 AM
Do you have to throw DMC into every conversation these days? :D

Do you have to keep responding to posts that people made over a month ago, these days? :sly:
Usually only after Desen pigbacks one of talon's posts. ;)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Well if anyone needs a show to watch.

There's always this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I also want to finish Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dark Angel and watch 24.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that "Smile Time" may just be my personal favorite Angel episode, so far. Either that, or "Hero" from the 1st season.

Overall, though, season 5 has been great, and a HUGE step up in quality from season 4, IMO.

Also, now that I think back to it, I didn't find season 2 to be weak at all. It was good, but I didn't care for the the Pylea stuff at the end, and I do feel that Buffy season 5 was overall better, which may have made Angel season 2 seem a bit weaker in comparison, but on its own merits it was still great for the most part. On that note, I can say that the first 3 seasons were definitely very strong, and season 5 has been possibly the best season yet, though I still have about 8 or so episodes left to go. At this point, season 4 is the only real weak-link in the series for me. It had some nice ideas, but too many of of them were forced into the plot at once, and the both the Apocalypse and Jasmine story-arcs became way more convoluted than they needed to be (and on top of that, they were honestly pretty corny at times). I like the whole set-up of season 5 with Angel and company working at Wolfram & Hart, though, and just as I predicted, Spike's chemistry with Angel in this season is golden. I kind of wish that he had been introduced into the series earlier, so that we could have gotten more episodes with him interacting with the rest of the team.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Now that I've finished watching Buffy and Angel, I am moving onto American Horror Story, since there's only 1 season of that up so far, and that season only has 12 episodes in it, so it should be a relatively quick watch, overall.

Avaitor

I should probably watch AHS: Asylum when that gets on Netflix. I skipped it because of Adam Levine and a busy-enough schedule, but I hear that he isn't that much of a problem on the show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Man, Curb is painful sometimes. There are some great gags in the show, but I can only see Larry David fuck shit up so much before I get irritated. I'm on the Seinfeld reunion season now, and even though there's one more after it, I think I'm going to stop here, at least until Larry decides to do another season.

Next up will either be a rewatch of The Prisoner or a go-through of The Thick of It.

New blog!

No-Personality

Catching up on some Blip shows I've spent months away from:

The Bunny Perspective - Thumbs down. I don't know if this guy is only in his element when laying the royal smackdown on Glee... but he should stay away from horror. First he raves about Battle Royale, then Cabin in the Woods... I didn't have to strength to click on his Anthologies video to hear him praise Trick 'R Treat- the angriest I have ever been in my life as a movie watcher after Saw and Armageddon.

Todd's Pop Song Reviews - Thumbs up. I think I watched in the neighborhood of 10-11 episodes. The only one that was lukewarm was his One Hit Wonderland on The Weather Girls. But his review of Burlesque made up for that. I was actually pretty impressed with how he dealt with the stupid catty character that he compared that girl (she looks like 20 other famous women, I don't know her name) to Mean Girls. Maybe she was in Mean Girls, I couldn't tell.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on August 30, 2013, 02:44:49 AM
I was actually pretty impressed with how he dealt with the stupid catty character that he compared that girl (she looks like 20 other famous women, I don't know her name) to Mean Girls. Maybe she was in Mean Girls, I couldn't tell.
You mean Regina George? I only saw the review once, but that's the character's name.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Just catching up on Burn Notice, King Of Queens and UFC for me.

No-Personality

and I love it.

Avaitor

Actually, I think I'm gonna rewatch Andy Milonakis.

New blog!

No-Personality

Dusted off a good 50 episodes of Sailor Moon so far. It's pretty much the same as I remember it, not great but very easy to watch. And I still think highly of the animation.
and I love it.

LumRanmaYasha

Spent the last month watching How I met Your Mother, and barring the first and last quarters of season 8, I've caught up. I was surprised not only at how really funny the series was, but also by how strong the characters are. Ted, Robin, Marshall, Lily, and especially Barney have well-defined, funny, and well-rounded personality that makes it engaging to watch them, and their quirks never get annoying, which is a commendable feat! Now I'm really looking forward to watching the final season, which, from what I've heard, is going to be - wait for it - Legendary;)