Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I think the reason that I can't get behind Homeland is because Claire Danes reminds me too much of Anna Paquin. Minus the gap, but basically the same range of performance I can't stand.

But yeah, is anybody on here watching anything? I don't like having to multi-post.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I'm almost caught up on It's Always Sunny in Philedelphia, and it's been consistently hilarious, so I don't have much to say about it...

Other than that, I have been keeping up with Parks and Recreation, but the current season is just alright so far, and there hasn't been any new great episodes yet. Other than those, there aren't really any other live-action shows I'm watching. I love Daily Show and Colbert, but I don't have enough time to watch them much anymore, Children's Hospital and NTSF are done with their recent seasons and are on break, and I've lost interest in watching Modern Family, sorry to say. I wish I had HBO, but I don't, so no Game of Thrones or Boardwalk Empire for me, although I do plan to get around to those shows at some point. So...yeah, not really watching much non-animated shows these days.  :sweat:

Avaitor

Well GOT doesn't air until the spring, and I also have to agree that Parks hasn't been so hot this season. Last year wasn't one of its best either, actually.

I think I'm going to either give The Crazy Ones or Brooklyn Nine-Nine a shot. I know the latter has more of a following with people I talk to, but most of those come from New Girl fans, which I'll never get the appeal of, hence why I've been on the fence.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

No-Personality

Fucking Netflix did not tell me Season 5 of Parks & Rec is on Watch Instant. I'll be watching that pretty soon.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Looks like I'm watching another CBS show now. The Crazy Ones isn't great, but it shows promise, especially with its supporting cast.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's the show with Robin Williams and Buffy The Vampire Slayer (which is what I'm officially calling Sarah Michelle Gellar from now on, just because), right?

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 18, 2013, 05:36:00 PM
That's the show with Robin Williams and Buffy The Vampire Slayer (which is what I'm officially calling Sarah Michelle Gellar from now on, just because), right?
Yep! It's the ADD Robin Williams however, if you can handle that. But Sarah is great with pretty much any kind of delivery.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

It's cool, Ensatsu. I call Veronica Mars Veronica Mars no matter what shit she's in.  :awesome:

Avaitor

Quote from: Nel_Annette on October 18, 2013, 09:15:08 PM
It's cool, Ensatsu. I call Veronica Mars Veronica Mars no matter what shit she's in.  :awesome:
haha, she was in Parks and Rec a couple of weeks ago, and I nearly did the same, even though I haven't seen the show.

I wonder if I'll do the same when I see Frozen.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm eventually going to finish season 1 of American Horror Story, but really the show just got a bit too silly and convoluted for me to stay too interested in it. But, since it's a short season, I'm still going to finish it up, and may still give season 2 a look whenever Netflix decides to add that.

I just started watching Breaking Bad, and as of only being a single episode into the series, I can say that this show already has me hooked. I also can't believe that I only just noticed that Bryan Cranston is the same guy who played Hal in Malcolm in the Middle. As you can tell I don't watch too much TV, so I've never been familiar with most actors who are primarily associated with TV shows (though I did see Cranston play a character in Argo, which was another great role for him). He's also apparently going to be in that new Godzilla reboot next year....which I'm personally expecting to be a piece of shit, but maybe he'll still somehow have a good performance in there.

Anyways, it looks like BB may end up being my new go-to show until I end up finishing it in a few months.

Avaitor

Cranston gets around in movies, but yeah, he's going to be best remembered for his TV roles, BB in particular.

Although I'm pretty excited for him to reprise his character on HIMYM this season.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm now 4 episodes into Breaking Bad and still loving it.

Avaitor

"If God had intended for blacks and whites to dance together..."
"He'd have given us rhythm."

Only in the 70's.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm half-way through season 2 of Breaking Bad (as usual, I'm pretty late to the party). I think it's really good that I waited until this series ended, mostly because its the type of show that makes you want to know what happens next so badly that it could possibly drive you temporarily insane in the wait it must have taken between seasons. So, yeah, it's a damn good show.

I had meant to get to watching the original Star Trek earlier, but I kind of just unexpectedly got into this (and I'll probably check out Mad Men later, as well). Once I manage to finish this show, I'll probably go and watch Star Trek, then The X-Files, and then Dr. Who, as was my original schedule (or something like that).

Avaitor

Well I just got to see Alan Alda's character on The West Wing. I swear, this is almost what Hawkeye Pierce would be like 20 years after the war. The last season wasn't very good at all, but with this and the change in personnel, I'm hoping that the show has a good end.

I'm also thinking of starting Luther up. I need some British drama in my life that isn't sci-fi based, and I've heard good things about this one. Plus, Idris Elba.

New blog!