Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 07, 2014, 04:02:09 PMIf I might ask... how old is Selena Kyle in Gotham?

Somewhere around Bruce's age, by the looks of it, so she's still just a kid.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

So she isn't Catwoman, then? Okay, I was just thinking how odd that would be with Bruce still being a kid and all.

Quote from: Foggle on October 07, 2014, 04:42:20 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 07, 2014, 04:02:09 PM
If I might ask... how old is Selena Kyle in Gotham?
You tell me. :-*
:whuh:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

No. Various characters are present in the series who have not yet become their personalities from the comic books. Right now, Oswald Cobblepot is still just Oswald Cobblepot. He is going through a character arc where he's working his way up the criminal underground to becoming the Penguin, which I consider to be one of the stronger aspects of the show, so far. Selina Kyle is just a homeless kid on the streets who makes her living as a pickpocket and minor thief, which seems natural for her at that young of an age.

Basically, the biggest problem with the show is that its actual main character, Jim Gordon, is incredibly underwhelming so far. That, and the show seems to have an identity crisis, as it's balancing itself between the more cartoony-esque Burton version of Batman and the darker, more serious Nolan version. Personally, I think that it should lean more towards the former to differentiate itself from the relatively recent Nolan films, but either way, it needs to decide on what it wants to be fast. If can't have it both ways.

Spark Of Spirit

Sounds interesting. I guess I'll wait a bit to see where it goes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

According to Gotham, Bruce is inspired by a vigilante who killed his foes by handcuffing their legs to balloons.

Spark Of Spirit

Just saw the premiere of The Flash. I liked it. Definitely a strong start to the show.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 07, 2014, 07:28:20 PMAccording to Gotham, Bruce is inspired by a vigilante who killed his foes by handcuffing their legs to balloons.

Actually, to the show's credit, Bruce pointed out how the vigilante was a criminal as well. He didn't really take inspiration from him, but so far seems to be more influenced by Gordon.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, it was a pretty good premiere. I'm still more excited about Arrow season 3 starting tomorrow night, though. :thumbup:

Speedy

Avaitor

Now that I have HBO, I was able to give the Foo Fighters' new show a chance, and I enjoyed it! It's a pretty awesome look through music history in Chicago, featuring a good mix of blues and punk, which shouldn't be a surprise to fans.

And "Something From Nothing" is a solid song. It makes you think that it's going to be another of the Foo's slower songs, but it brings some of their more raw punk influences back in and jams before long. Rick Nielsen is great in it, as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Aww, NBC canceled A to Z. They're going to respect the show's current contract and air the remaining 8 episodes, but it's done when the show is meant to hit M.

I'm not surprised, since the show wasn't doing well even by NBC's standards, but I was enjoying it. It does seem true that unless it airs after The Voice, people don't want NBC's comedies, though. Ah well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Speaking of NBC, I just watched episode 2 of Constantine. It's an improvement, but it still has a ways to go to be able to compete with something like The CW DC shows.

VLordGTZ

Yesterday, I FINALLY finished Breaking Bad.  It is easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. 

talonmalon333

After seeing the season 3 finale, I have to state my opinion that Grimm, while far from the best show of all time, has shown perhaps the greatest improvement I've seen in a series. It started as a fairly mediocre, cartoonish "monster of the week/everything must be kept a secret" series of episodes, to a wonderfully character driven story filled with wit and humor. I have my issues with it (particularly the cheap CGI effects, and I can't seem to fully grasp the backstory and history in the show), but it makes up for all of that so much with pure fun value. There's nothing about Grimm that's pretentious, nothing that makes you think they are trying too hard to write a deep, dark and especially intelligent series with a message. I can tell the crew have a lot of fun creating episodes, just as I can tell the actors really like their roles. And I think that contributes to how likable every main character is (in addition to, of course, the witty script). It's just well written and very enjoyable, and the dramatic elements are balanced well enough to work twice as well because of that.