The Opposite/Same Sex

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Ready for today bro's?

The weather kicked my ass yesterday but its not stopping me from having a good time.

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on February 14, 2012, 01:56:07 AM
Ready for today bro's?
If by "ready for today" you mean "ready for another ordinary day," then yes. Single and very happy about it tbh.

Daxdiv

Happy Valentines Day everyone. I already wished you all that on Twitter last night with those cards I found on 4Chan. Enjoy your day of singleness, as I'll be working for most of the day at a supermarket.

Spark Of Spirit

Happy Valentine's day guys, you can all be my way hetero Valentines if you want.  :whuh:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on February 14, 2012, 10:35:34 AM
Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on February 14, 2012, 01:56:07 AM
Ready for today bro's?
If by "ready for today" you mean "ready for another ordinary day," then yes. Single and very happy about it tbh.
Same here, brother!!!!  ;D............except for the happy part.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 14, 2012, 04:05:37 PM
Happy Valentine's day guys, you can all be my way hetero Valentines if you want.  :whuh:

OK here's your card.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm just glad I managed to make it into that /a/ collage. The guy behind that project is one dedicated dude, he's sorting through so many entries on his own and is determined to include everyone no matter what.

Kiddington

Ah yes, another Valentine's Day spent within the company of me myself and I. Watched a hockey game, played some Pokemon, went out for a bite to eat (BY MYSELF)... in other words, a pretty standard day for me.

Alas, I am not complaining. I mean, yeah, I'd like to have a girlfriend, but I won't lie; being single definitely has its benefits. At least this way, there's no chance of me being in the doghouse for not doing enough.   :humhumhum:

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Well since its finally out.

http://archivethumb3.foolz.us/board/a/img/0614/68/1329392509481.jpg

I actually had a lot of fun going into town and getting the stuff ready for my picture. Just wish my camera wasn't so sensitive to light because it came out real grainy at first until someone fixed it for me. My pal submitted his too, and I was incredibly jealous at the cake he purchased.

Peanutbutter

I guess it's my turn, since I now have a story.

My best friend and I have been close since freshman year of high school. He even lives just down the street from me. He's a real cool guy and I'm thankful just to even be in touch with him. Anyway, there's this girl who was his coworker at his newer job. Some months ago, she quit and got a different job but it's in the same building they work in. While I was with him at his house watching TV she came by and I got the chance to meet her.

She was pretty, but it was my first conversations with her that made me crush on her. She actually likes a lot of the same stuff I do. She plays video games sometimes,  she loves the Disney Afternoon toons and Gargoyles!  (so much that she even has a mixtape of herself singing all of the old intros! :shakeshakeshake:) ; and she loves all of Nick's old stuff like Salute Your Shorts and Pete and Pete. There's a few other things we have in common too. We both like dancing and singing and she has a pretty singing voice, though she's modest about it. I got to see her a few more times at my best friend's house, and the three of us recently saw 21 Jump Street together.

To get back to my friend, he started to try hanging out with her but she had a boyfriend, and he didn't want to mess with that. However she soon broke up with the guy. My friend has dated her a few times, but he said he wasn't sure he really wants to be more than friends with her. He doesn't want to screw up and lead her on, and he also doesn't want to risk giving into temptation and go all the way with her off the bat.

Here's where I come back in, my birthday was last Thursday so he invited me to watch a live basketball game with him and a group of our friends, plus this other new guy and girl who I met for the first time. Afterwards, we went to a local Hooters. I got to talking with her, and the conversation turned to how she really likes my friend and crushes on him, and how while it may not work out that sometimes you have to just put yourself out there and see how the other person feels.  .3.

I took her advise on the spot and told her that I kind of have a crush on her. It didn't turn out bad at all. As soon as I told her I immediately felt relief like a ton of bricks was lifted off me. She smiled at me and told me she appreciated my telling her. She said I made her feel really special and that I was sweet. She said she was sorry she didn't fully reciprocate, but she was real proud of me for having the courage to tell her. She even said if I needed to, I could come and talk to her about anything, especially other girls. :)

It's cool, because I already knew how into my best friend she is from one of our previous conversations. Besides, before I told her my attraction to her, I got her phone number and she friended me on Facebook. So at least I'm sure I'll get to hang out with her when we all go out again. Plus, last week my friend went to a concert with said new other girl earlier, and just last night they went out. I already told him before my birthday that I liked her, and he said that was cool because she's a cool girl. He said he was proud of me, and that it was cool I was able to spill my guts out to her.

So, who knows? Since my best friend is still seeing other girls, maybe there will come a chance when I can pursue her. But even if there isn't, I'm fine with it. I'm just glad I told her before my emotions could bottle up and that she knows now. Even if she ends up with some other guy completely, I think as long as she's happy I'll be happy too.  :thumbup:

If something does happen in the future, I'll let you know.

Avaitor

So this chick I'm acquainted with but wouldn't exactly call a "friend" (we're both nice to each other in contact and all, but I think she's obnoxious and an idiot overall) has just become engaged... to a guy that she's only been dating for I swear a week. Right now all of her friends like me know, since she put it on Facebook and has been bragging about it around town, but she hasn't even told her parents yet. A bunch of people have been trying to talk her out of it for obvious reasons, but she won't have any of it.

There's no way it's gonna last. The girl has a tendency to be in relationships that only last for a few days, so it'd be a miracle if they're still together by the end of the month. In fact, I think the only reason this has really happened is that this is the first time she's been dating someone for more than a week in years, if not ever.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Angus

Hmm, wonder if it will last longer than that Kardashian marriage? :humhumhum:
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

The engagement won't even make it that far.

New blog!

Angus

Has she known the person for longer than they've been dating? Sometimes that counts towards the dating period?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon