Ushio & Tora

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 10, 2015, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Season 2 visual:

AWESOME!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Interesting gloves and...feet gloves.

Also, bookmarked.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Markness

Quote from: VLordGTZ on December 30, 2015, 11:16:46 PM
It would be pretty cool if Viz would pick up the U&T manga or any of Fujita's other major works as I'm really interested in reading them.  I think Ushio & Tora has pretty good chance of getting on Toonami if Sentai gives them a brand new dubbed show for Akame or Parasyte's replacement.

Right on, bro!! :e_hail: I've been hoping for the last few years that Viz will eventually license the manga. Really, what is stopping them? Yokai manga has done well here and it's visually similar to YuYu Hakusho and InuYasha. Not to mention, the Calvin and Hobbes dynamic between Ushio and Tora.

Can't wait to see the showdown with Hakumen No Mono in animated form!

Spark Of Spirit

It's mostly because modern anime/manga fans don't tend to buy older stuff.

The best way to gather attention would be to advertise the manga alongside the anime when it comes out here by releasing it in big editions like 3 in 1 editions to minimize risk. 11 volumes is a lot easier sell than 33. Viz is doing the same with Kuroko's Basketball by releasing them in 2 in 1 editions to minimize risk and U&T is much older so that would be the way to do it.

Then again, if Viz or whoever wants to put up a Kickstarter to release the manga and gauge interest over here, I'd dive right in. I just really want the series to get the chance it never got during the original anime and manga boom.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

If Viz ever ends up releasing U&T over here, I think they'll most likely release the recent "Complete Editions" (which I believe are 2 in 1 volumes for the most part).

A kickstarter would be interesting, but I honestly don't see that happening anytime soon for a series of U&T's length.

Spark Of Spirit

11 or 16 volumes, either way is an easier sell for an older series. There's really no chance of them releasing them in singles.

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

:joy: OMG! This starts on April's Fools too? Jojo and UT are literally the first time I anticipated a series before it airs so idk. Well, outside of Space Dandy's simulcast.

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

:thinkin: I wonder if Hulu will have it since they do have season 1. Might just do a two week trial...or stop being a baby and just watch it on my laptop. :D

VLordGTZ

Each episode of season 1 was released on Hulu one month after they were released on Crunchyroll, so I assume it will be the same for season 2.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

First, that new OP. WOW. So much awesome to look forward to!

I'd forgotten how good a director Nishimura was. Those first few minutes had some beautiful art and direction.

Spoiler
And we're already back into the deep end! Everyone has forgotten Ushio, Tora vanished and Hakumen is on the move again. Which is why it was awesome to see Tora still remember him even if everyone else did not. Everything hit the fan so fast. And I already can't wait for next week.
[close]

Oh, the ED is pretty cool, too.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Man, this show just doesn't skip a beat. There's no time wasted. Within a few minutes of the start of the new season, shit already hits the fan. It's a good reminder of why this series is so great.

VLordGTZ

Man, this episode was great!  It looks like this final arc is going to be intense right from the start.  I also love the new OP and ED.  :swoon: