Your Cartoon Checklist

Started by Daikun, December 03, 2015, 03:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Have you ever missed out on an animated series during its TV run and are just wanting to check it out (or catch up if it's still running)? Likewise, is there an animated series where you watched some back in the day, but never finished and would probably like to revisit? Well, here's the thread to do it!

I've spent the past few months catching up on shows where I've fallen behind, or I just expressed interest long after the show ended.

Never watched:
Robotomy
Chowder
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Watched, but never finished:
Courage, the Cowardly Dog
Aahhh! Real Monsters!
The Angry Beavers

Completed:
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Scooby-Doo! Mystery, Incorporated
Phineas and Ferb
Major Lazer

Avaitor

Cool thread! Oh, you missed Chowder and Flapjack during their runs?

I have my own list of cartoons that I've been planning to plow through, either again or for the first time. So far, I've finished my rewatch of Class of 3000, and I'm near the end of the third season of Home Movies, and I can talk about those experiences for whoever's interested.

Also on my list:

Never Watched

Initial D
Maison Ikkou
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross

Watched, But Never Completed

Chowder
The Maxx
Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine

Completed, and Want to Watch in Full Again

Outlaw Star
Tenchi-Muyo! Ryo-Ohki OVAs 1&2
Justice League
Hey Arnold!
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
08th MS Team
Batman: The Animated Series
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Clerks: The Animated Series
Batman: The Brave & the Bold
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Not necessarily on topic, but I believe the only cartoon...no, show I've ever watched every world premiere of is...Sym-Bionic Titan...

Never watched:
Mysterious Cities Of Gold (semi-anime?)
Real Ghostbusters

Watched, but never finished:
Courage, the Cowardly Dog
Hey Arnold!
Robot Chicken (I've been watching this over the last few weeks, including today and loving it.)
Justice League/JLU
Superman
Batman
Gargoyles
Reboot
Maybe Samurai Jack. I think I am caught up but may have missed a few season 4 episodes. I've honestly only seen Jack's fist fight vs. Aku episde a year ago.
Swat Kats
Darkwing Duck
Talespin
Duck Tales. Ahhwooo-oh
Goof Troop
Korra (Book 4)
Young Justice
Legion Of Superheroes
Rocko's Modern Life
Courage The Cowardly Dog
Johnny Bravo (minus trying to watch the toxic final season)
Secret Saturdays
Venture Bros.

Completed:
Batman: The Brave and the Bold....might literally be it.
Avatar. Whoops, somehow forgot about this for a second. The only cartoon series I've completely on DVD..

I am pretty sure I've seen every Dexter's Lab episode but might marathon it one day. Moral of the life: I need to stop focusing so much on completely anime and put some of that energy into cartoon viewing. :P
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Great idea! There's so many shows I want to watch, finish, and re-watch, it's hard to keep track.  :sweat:

I'm just going to stick to western cartoons, since there's waaayyy too much anime I on my plate for me to keep track of (and I use MAL for that anyway).

Currently Watching:

Adventure Time
The Amazing World of Gumball
Bob's Burgers
Gravity Falls
Harvey Beaks
Mike Tyson Mysteries
Moonbeam City
Regular Show
Robot Chicken
South Park
Steven Universe
Teen Titans Go!
Wabbit
Wander Over Yonder
We Bare Bears

Never Watched:

Aeon Flux
Be Cool, Scooby Doo
Clementine
Duckman
Frisky Dingo
The Maxx
Metalocalypse
Mysterious Cities of Gold
The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest
The Real Ghostbusters
Reboot
Sealab 2021
Transformers: Beast Wars

Watched, But Need to Catch Up On:

Lego Ninjago
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Sonic Boom
Star Wars Rebels

Watched, But Never Finished:

Adventures of the Gummi Bears
Around the World with Willy Fog
Batman Beyond
Ben 10 Omniverse
Beware the Batman
Darkwing Duck
DuckTales
Garfield and Friends
Generator Rex
Legion of Superheroes
The Mighty B
TaleSpin
Transformers Animated
Transformers Prime
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Ruby Gloom
Scooby Doo, Mystery Inc.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Swat Kats
Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race
Vixen
Wakfu
Wolverine and the X-Men
X-Men Evolution

Completed, But Want to Watch Again in Full:

Aaahh!! Real Monsters
The Angry Beavers
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Clerks
Dilbert
The Flintstones
Hey Arnold
Home Movies
Johnny Quest
Rocko's Modern Life
Samurai Jack
Superman: The Animated Series

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but yeah, I've got those on the mind.

gunswordfist

CX!!! I've been thinking about you, buddy. Had a long holiday vacation?  :)

I remembered Steven Universe the second I came back to this thread. I somehow forgot about Regular Show even though literally the last episode I saw was the one where Margaret's boyfriend showed up after Cloudy J almost killed her parents.. I can't believe you're watching Teen Titans Go! :whuh: Who's holding you at gunpoint? I forgot about Wabbit and Mike Tyson were on..UGH.  :D My list is going to overflow. Lastly, I wanted to say Beast Machines or Beast Wars, but I forgot which one was the good one and didn't want to embarrass myself. :sweat: And I think I missed a few Static episodes. I can go on forever...

Lastly lastly, I need to finish X-Men Evolution, start Vixen. Dammit dammit..

LumRanmaYasha

Thanks! Things have been pretty busy for me, so I'm not likely to be online much for a while.  :sweat:

I always enjoyed TTG! to an extent. I did get burned out of it earlier this year, but lately I've been watching the newer episodes with a friend who's really into it. The last few have honestly been pretty good, especially last week's two-part episode, which was hilarious.

And yeah, I know that feeling. So many shows to watch, so little time to do so, haha.  :sweat:

gunswordfist

I liked TTG! myself (was pretty burned out on it though) but I thought you hated it so I had to tease you. :D

I went on and on about what I needed to watch to remind myself. :sweat: I'll probably go years without finishing anything...again...

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 04, 2015, 01:21:11 AMCool thread! Oh, you missed Chowder and Flapjack during their runs?

Yeah. During this period, I was in college and had to focus more on my studies (that and I had grown tired of animation [for a while] during the late 2000s).

I might check on them at a later date, but right now, I'm going to check on Courage and The Angry Beavers. I can wait for a while on the others. ;)

Avaitor

Chowder became one of the biggest disappointments in animation in a while when its nosedive occurred.

That's why I want to watch it again, to pinpoint where it went wrong, and to see if there are any highlights in its weaker half. I stopped watching about halfway through season 2, and only really came back for the finale.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

After enjoying Harvey Beaks so thoroughly I was considering going back to re-watch some of Chowder. But then I thought better. I'd rather just remember the good parts, as few as they were, then disappoint myself by watching it slide into the mud.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Series currently airing that I want to catch up with:

Ushio & Tora
Harvey Beaks
Osomatsu-san

New blog!

gunswordfist

Technically Ushio & Tora is not currently airing.

Spark Of Spirit

It starts up again in April. But you can easily catch up on the first 26 episodes before then.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'd also recommend Digimon Adventure Tri if you're up for a pretty good sequel (so far) to the original series with a somewhat darker tone.

Ushio & Tora is currently on break until the Spring season, so it's the perfect opportunity to get caught up.

As for me, I have to play catch-up with or finish watching way too many series, including Archer (I still haven't finished season six yet), Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Clarence, and so on.

gunswordfist

That reminds me, I need to watch every Lupin and then catch up with IV, assuming it's not over by the time I get done.  :D