Batman Beyond

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 13, 2011, 06:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 10, 2012, 09:30:37 PM
First thing about the Batman Beyond comic: Never mention the Batman Beyond comic.
I don't think Hush Beyond is bad at all but I'm guessing the scan I posted is why it would be hated.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My god, those character designs look hideous. Who's idea was it to make the future Batman suit look like it was being worn by a weak, scrawny old man?

gunswordfist

:D The art change surprised me as well.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Wait, so has Batman Beyond actually been officially made a part of the Batman canon in the comics? Because if I'm not mistaken, BB was always an original concept for TV, so Terry could have only been added into the comics later on.

gunswordfist

I meant the TV to comic book art change. So yep, just like Harley Quinn, Superman X and Phantasm, they are all made for TV creations that later go on to comics. And they are all also my favorite characters of that kind.

gunswordfist

Oh and Beyond universe is a seperate line of comics from the regular DC books. They just recently recontinued Superman Beyond and Batman Beyond. Think of the comics as sequels to Batman Beyond.

Avaitor

I picked up the first issue of the Batman Beyond miniseries they put out a year or two ago. The hideous designs and weak story didn't entice me to continue reading.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Continuing our Batman marathon, my friends and I finished Beyond, and just saw RotJ. Movie's just as awesome seeing it a second time.

We're gonna watch Mystery of the Batwoman soon. Any opinions on that one?

Dr. Insomniac

talonmalon333

Avaitor

I hold it in higher regard than the majority, but it really isn't that good.

Be sure to watch Chase Me, though. That's easily the best part of the whole DVD.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I believe it has as much effort put into it as a standard Scooby Doo movie, but that's just me.

talonmalon333

Do you guys think any of the other BTAS films can hold a candle to MotP?

Dr. Insomniac

Subzero doesn't, but it serves as a fitting resolution to Freeze's arc... before they took him back.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Subzero is definitely worth a watch. To me it has the level of quality of a decent BTAS 2-parter (not great, but decent). It doesn't even come close to MOTP or ROTJ, though.

Mystery of the Batwoman was just boring. It wasn't downright bad or anything....just completely uninteresting. It had the same animation, art-style, and voice actors as BTAS and the other BTAS movies....but it just didn't feel like BTAS, if that makes any sense.

Either way, even looking at it on its own, its just a dull movie that suffers from a dull story and dull characters. It felt like a half-assed after-school special at best, IMO.