what the fuck

Started by Foggle, January 13, 2011, 10:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on February 06, 2013, 01:33:25 AM
If it really is supposed to be the Major, then WTF? If the idea was to attract the loser-otaku audience then...they shouldn't. GitS isn't the kind of show they want.
I do like that she's less sexualized than in the manga, the original movie, and SAC season 1, but that new design is still horrendous.

Rynnec

They should've went for the Matrix-esque look she had in the 2nd gig opening instead. I'm not even a fan of GitS and this look is just...no.

Dr. Insomniac

She kind of looks like the original Motoko from the first movie. But then, the first movie is not something that should be revived.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 06, 2013, 01:41:50 AM
She kind of looks like the original Motoko from the first movie.
NOT ENOUGH BULGING MUSCLES AND RIPPLING BICEPS

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Foggle on February 06, 2013, 01:36:45 AM
Quote from: Rynnec on February 06, 2013, 01:33:25 AM
If it really is supposed to be the Major, then WTF? If the idea was to attract the loser-otaku audience then...they shouldn't. GitS isn't the kind of show they want.
I do like that she's less sexualized than in the manga, the original movie, and SAC season 1, but that new design is still horrendous.

Yeah, it may be a horrible redesign, but at least she's no longer wearing battle lingerie.

Foggle

Quote from: Graywulf on February 06, 2013, 06:29:03 AM
Yeah, it may be a horrible redesign, but at least she's no longer wearing battle lingerie.
Yeah, the fanservice was completely out of place in past anime and downright creepy in the manga.

Jay L. Corbell

Well she is supposed to be younger after all...

I suppose she wasn't always the battle-onsie wearing buxom babe now, eh?

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be specific, those panels of Kenji making the commentary on what he's seeing not being the least bit funny are from the manga 20th Century Boys. Those other panels featuring that other character have been spliced in from some other manga that I've never heard of. In that scene, Kenji is referring to 2 completely unfunny comedians, but the message of that scene is so universal that you could apply it to pretty much anything, hence why those spliced in panels fit into the scene so perfectly.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 02, 2013, 05:26:32 PM
To be specific, those panels of Kenji making the commentary on what he's seeing not being the least bit funny are from the manga 20th Century Boys. Those other panels featuring that other character have been spliced in from some other manga that I've never heard of. In that scene, Kenji is referring to 2 completely unfunny comedians, but the message of that scene is so universal that you could apply it to pretty much anything, hence why those spliced in panels fit into the scene so perfectly.
You know, that does explain why the art style is different in those panels.

Nel_Annette

I honestly didn't know it was edited and thought it was a manga writer's commentary on how shit other anime are, using his art style and "typical" anime art styles.  :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton